food for thought

Soldato
with driverless cars seemingly becoming an ever growing inevitability in years to come - will there be a driverless car races for manufacturers to showcase their best in class technology?

I am not sure how appealing that would be for the fans, but I for one am curious to see how man vs machine would fair - although I suspect the machine would win in the end as we have seen in other activities such as chess and poker.

your thoughts?

Associate
Watching AI cars would initially have an intrigue factor, but suffer the same fate as gaming AI 'predictability'.

Set Power, braking zones etc.

Mixing it up with human racers would spice things up.

Man of Honour
Thats just rubbish though, grip, weight/charge etc change during race so fixed points would be massively sub optimal, and each team would have different AI, and have to react to each other.

Associate
Thats just rubbish though, grip, weight/charge etc change during race so fixed points would be massively sub optimal, and each team would have different AI, and have to react to each other.

I think it's an interesting test for AI but I don't think it will be great to watch if the cars are all the same.

Without the need for a driver (and associated safety) you could build something crazy fast but it would be very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom