Food Poisoning

Man of Honour
I'm in the process of recovering from 24 hours of hell, I forgot how much it can take you down and I'm astonished how much, errr, stuff can come out a human body. Not sure why I shared this, but god I feel poo :(

I haven't had fully blown food poisoning, but did go to Egypt for a holiday in 2010 and I was still glued to the toilet a week after I got back!! I destroyed the plane and airport toilets multiple times.

The other week I had a chinese takeaway. I put the leftover chicken balls on the table and ate them for breakfast, the rest went in the fridge and was dinner. I sat in on a lecture the next day and had to leave many times to decorate the toilet nearby - Someone had already blocked the men's so I had to decorate the disabled one a few times. I was sweating and shaking for about an hour. Not pleasant.

Man of Honour
OP
The shakes and sheer removal of all energy was scary. I felt a bit weak, sat on the loo and all hell broke lose. I collapsed on a bed in a spare room and couldn't move, bar rushing into the en suite. Terrible, still feel **** so on some mint green tea now and have managed to take down 3 pints of water to rehydrate. Badly cooked frozen meat, my own fault as I cooked it, lesson learnt.

Associate
Had it a few weeks ago, come the afternoon i felt really really cold, went to bed and ended up sweating so much it was unreal although i was still cold!

Unloaded and filled the toilet multiple times, 24 hours later i was ok :)

Not nice at all

Associate
i had it a few weeks back, knocked me for 6, spent the whole day puking and ****ing and sometimes both at the same time, that's an interesting situation. tried to sleep in-between but would wake up in cold sweat shivering and dizzy. felt very weak for about a week after.

think it was the misses fish pie that did it.

Associate
I had it once when I was at school on a trip. I ate the night before and when I got up in the morning I collapsed on the floor unable to pick myself up. Luckily my room mate was still there and went to fetch a teacher. I spent the whole week in bed sweating and shaking. I'd managed to evacuate my entire body the first day. Horrific experience.

Associate
I picked up a dose of Campylobacter whilst in Morocco and that was awful. Food stuffs were exiting all orifices and i didnt realise but it actually had blood in it too :( Immodium didnt touch it as I found out whilst out in a patiserie with the girlfriend. We made a hasty exit from there needless to say. I got that 3 days in on a two week holiday. Ended up having it for three weeks in the end. I did get given something whilst there which calmed it down but it took a visit to the docs when home to get it finally sorted out.

I know what you mean about the exhaustion and drained feeling too. You're on it with the water though and that is about all you can do, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just hope it buggers off and doesnt turn into a fever like mine did. Though it was pretty cool watching clouds and peoples faces on the roof of my room :D

Never again do I want that one though!

Soldato
Only ever had food poisoning once and that was from a latte I bought in the train station at 6:30am one morning whilst waiting for the train to bradford. Must have reheated old milk for it -.-

Caporegime
The shakes and sheer removal of all energy was scary. I felt a bit weak, sat on the loo and all hell broke lose. I collapsed on a bed in a spare room and couldn't move, bar rushing into the en suite. Terrible, still feel **** so on some mint green tea now and have managed to take down 3 pints of water to rehydrate. Badly cooked frozen meat, my own fault as I cooked it, lesson learnt.

Its a terrible feeling, i had it when i was on an exchange trip at school to Germany!!!!! The mum of the lad i was staying with had to take me to the doctors. Was weird listening to them talk about me in German.

Was not a pleasant experience.

Soldato
I've just got over a dose of campylobacter , nasty nasty stuff!

Over a week of going to the loo every 30 mins , each time unloading what seemed to be half my own body weight , having cramps that felt like having a knife twisted in my stomach and bowels , sweating, shaking and feeling so weak , at one point I'd have happily accepted being put down lol

Permabanned
Most of what people are describing is probably rotovirus/norovirus rather than food poisoning.

Dont forget people to stay in isolation for 48 hours AFTER your last symptoms dissapear as you are still contagious for this time.

Soldato
had it twice;

once from chicken curry that i cooked which myself and 2 others ate - i got ill they didn't (i'd assume one piece that i had was a tad bigger and had a slight pink bit in the middle) - put me off curry for about 6 months :D

the other time from milk. that was easier to deal with than the chicken

Back
Top Bottom