Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
Aubameyang out of gabons next afcon game after being diagnosed with heart lesions following a bout of COVID

Wonder how many of the recent footballers collapses/deaths were from same thing?

Man of Honour
Getting out of order now these postponements, I think they would be better served removing the squad cap limitations and having less games getting cancelled.
Arsenal have 4 at ACON, just loaned out AMN and 1 suspended which are all their own fault, then a few injuries on top, it's almost like a few positive covid cases would be a 'good' thing in this scenario as it becomes a get out of jail free card to cancel a tough match.

..................Ramsdale
......White...Holding...Gabriel
Tavares...Patino.....Lakonga.....Tierney
.....Lacazette....Nketiah....Martinelli

Leno
Mari
Okonkwo
Then fill up with youth players. Or like I say get rid of the squad cap during Covid times so they could have the likes of Torreira, Nelson, Saliba, Guendouzi, Bellerin potentially never loaned out in the first place.

I know you can't predict who gets covid, who gets injured etc but I don't see how a club can loan a player out on the 8th of January and then less than a week later go crying that you must have a game postponed due to lack of players. I mean it is inexusable to have a loan start 8th January in that scenario, you surely must wait to end of January so players starting to return from ACON?

Soldato
Burnley have requested another postponement. They seem to have outbreaks every few weeks.
Hard not to be cynical about this but in some ways you can't blame them when they are in such a perilous position in the league. Especially when playing and its a match against a close rival. However it does call into question the different stances of the FA and the Premier League. I don't recall a single FA Cup tie being called off.

Soldato
Hard not to be cynical about this but in some ways you can't blame them when they are in such a perilous position in the league. Especially when playing and its a match against a close rival. However it does call into question the different stances of the FA and the Premier League. I don't recall a single FA Cup tie being called off.

The FA cup ties have to be played or forfeited.

No sympathy now. Theyve lost Wood and are delaying for signings. It was so obvious that clubs were going to do this.

Man of Honour
You couldn't make it up - Arsenal have released Kolasinac at a time where they don't have enough players to fulfil fixtures. They are literally [(c) Jamie Redknapp] taking the ****.

Man of Honour
Guess they've realised some clubs are taking the **** now and they are at risk of becoming a laughing stock of they don't react, but it does seem a bit unfair if some clubs have been able to exploit the rule due to timing whereas others that have maybe been more cautious and hence contracting the virus later will be hit with this new rule.

Back
Top Bottom