Football Banter Thread

Man of Honour
I think Moyes has had a few awkward jobs after leaving Everton, which is in part his own making.
-MU: Impossible job of replacing Fergie, especially as they somehow (RVP) won the league with a relatively mediocre team in the previous season so the only way way down from there. Obviously, you can't blame him for taking that job as anyone would.
-Real Sociedad: Always going to get sacked going to a Spanish club, also brings in the communication factor, bit of a hiding to nothing there
-Sunderland: Perhaps a bit too eager to grab the first Premiership job he could but at a team at real risk of going down, arguably a better approach might have been to wait for another job to come up even if it was midseason and then blame any poor performance on the predecessor and lack of preparation, giving him time to set things up for the next season.

Caporegime
Real Madrid's prize money for winning the Champions League: £80M.

Sunderland's prize money for finishing bottom in the Premier League: £93.5M.

LOL

That is the dumbest argument possible. CL is an EXTRA competition, amount Sunderland got from cup competition appearances, probably sub £200k (assuming they didn't get far in either cup which seems likely). Real got £80mil from their secondary competition which is 13 games.

What you meant to say was Sunderland get £93.5mil for coming last, Real get ~152mil euros for coming first in La Liga, Real also get another 80mil for coming first in the CL.

Juve is the comparison people made that meant anything, which I can't recall the exact numbers but basically Real ~80mil and Juve around 100mil despite losing the final. Why, there is a basically set pool per country, the more teams that make it further in the CL from a given country the less each team will get even though a country with more teams that qualify has a bigger pool.

Looking into it, Juve got 122.5mil euros from league money last year which is quite amazing considering the league rights both domestic and foreign are only worth 1.3billion in total for the whole league.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/italian-serie-a-tv-rights-money-distribution/

Juve make out like kings thanks to the way the league money is distributed and the poor performances in europe from other Italian teams recently.

Soldato
Is anyone getting a skysports web page from Dec 2015?

I can see that that United have been knocked out of the champions league, Sturridge is injured again (SHOCKING NEWS) and that Jose isn't worried about getting sacked from Chelsea :D

Don
Who else wants to attend a senior management meeting with Mike Ashley?

He said: "These meetings were like no other senior management meeting I had ever attended in all my years of investment banking experience."

Describing it as a "pub lock-in" where fish and chips and kebabs would be brought in after closing time, he said: "On one such evening, in front of his senior management team, Mr Ashley challenged a young Polish analyst in my team, Pawel Pawlowski, to a drinking competition.

"Mr Ashley and Pawel would drink pints of lager, with vodka 'chasers' between each pint, and the first to leave the bar area for whatever reason was declared the loser.

"After approximately 12 pints and chasers Pawel apologised profusely and had to excuse himself.

"Mr Ashley then vomited into the fireplace located in the centre of the bar, to huge applause from his senior management team."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=english_regions

Caporegime
zMZc7tk.jpg

Kroos 8
Lioris 4
Pogba 4
Marcelo 4
Mbappe 4

Neymar -- Mbappe

Marcelo -- Luiz

-- Lloris --

or

Messi - Mbappe

Marcelo - Luiz

-- Hart --

for 5 a side you need skillful players up front who can take on players with tricks, your not going to be putting set pieces into the box, etc so physical players like Giroud, Lewandowsk, etc are wasted. You have chosen 1 defensive player and it's an attacking left wing back Marcelo, both my strike forces would tear your defence to shreds. You also need players who can run about a lot so I've went with 2 young players up top in 1 team and Messi who is a machine in the other and 2 defenders who are comfortable going forward too. Passing and defending is most important at the back. Luiz can pick a pass out and is good all rounder. Both Luiz and Marcelo can carry the ball comfortably. It would be hard to get past them in such a small space.

Also the list just seems ridiculous. Who would pick Kante @ £10 million? Him and Ramos don't deserve to be in the top tier. Who would also blow 1/3rd of the budget on a keeper? Buffon isn't going to be in anyones team either. Kroos and Bonucci @ £8 million? Neither are going to get you many goals. Bonucci would sort your back line out but he's not worth it over Luiz and Marcelo, they arguably suit 5's perfectly. You could if need be swap one of them out with Pogba but I don't think he's the finished article yet.

The whole £2M tier is laughable too, Veratti is a cut above all of them. What is Walker or Hart even doing there? I've picked Hart in my second team because Messi is built for 5's, small, agile, brilliant passer, most accurate shot and he likes to hit them low into corners too, he also can easily take a couple of players out the game with a dribble. Plus even Hart should be able to save shots in those tiny goals so worth it to have Messi in there.

The £4m tier has all the gems in it.

Back
Top Bottom