Football Banter Thread

fez

fez

Caporegime
So basically games are decided by refs agendas, awesome.

Hes a massive **** but I think I agree with what he was saying up to a point. He managed to make it sound like he went into the game to try and influence the result but I think what he is saying is something different.

Basically he had 2 options as the game went on.

1. Send off a load of Tottenham players for their tackles
2. Let Tottenham get away with more than they should but as a result they will lose their heads and potentially the game.

Option 1 results in everyone claiming he ruined the game and cost tottenham the league

Option 2 results in everyone talking about the game and the fact that tottenham lost their heads

He words it badly but I understand his motives.

Don
Spurs didn't lose their heads because they were being let off bad tackles. The bad tackles were a result of already losing their head because Chelsea got back into the game and their title hopes were taken away from them.

I suspect Clattenburg was talking **** and is making out it was part of a master plan rather than admit he had a terrible game but if what he was saying is true then he should never ref again. How does his plan work if Spurs, who should have been down to 6 men, scored a winner in the last minute and went on to win the league?

Caporegime
Gave Keane a corner because he screamed at him lol. But yes there is no excuse as had Spurs won the league his ego caused it lol.

Phil Down strikes me as somewhat similar during his time.

Caporegime
I suspect Clattenburg was talking **** and is making out it was part of a master plan rather than admit he had a terrible game but if what he was saying is true then he should never ref again. How does his plan work if Spurs, who should have been down to 6 men, scored a winner in the last minute and went on to win the league?

This is more likely and pretty much exactly what I was going to post.

He's talking garbage, he lost control of the game and the players and is now trying to make it seem as though the situation played out that way by design. No Mark, you were just a **** ref.

Caporegime
Untitled.jpg

You're welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom