Football boots what to go for.. ?

Permabanned
Get the Adidas Tunit Gold Package - £270 squid, bargain!! :D

PDS002001534T_1.jpg

Soldato
Soldato
Lead_Head said:
Not sure if it was Man Utd or not, but one youth team players career was ended in a horror tackle by someone wearing blades. It took his knee cap off, basically tore his knee to shreds rendering it near useless.
[/url]

Holy **** that's bad. Won't get me blades in the future then..

Do those mundial copa things have the decent heel protection or not?

Last edited:
Associate
georges said:
Do those mundial copa things have the decent heel protection or not?

From the look of them I'd say it doesn't look too good, you might be better with the Nike legends or even better the new Air Zoom Total 90's IV they always have excellent heel protection

Soldato
Copa Mundials have a hard heel as do most boots now as far as I know?

I've always thought Nikes were terrible for any kind of protection aspect as they seem weak and fall apart quick in my experience but I haven't tried them all. Good for pace, grip and being very tight to your foot though.

Associate
davestar_delux said:
Copa Mundials have a hard heel as do most boots now as far as I know?

I've always thought Nikes were terrible for any kind of protection aspect as they seem weak and fall apart quick in my experience but I haven't tried them all. Good for pace, grip and being very tight to your foot though.

That's only the mecurial vapor's the total 90's are really comfy and last absolute ages it's predators for me that always seem to fall apart but each to their own I guess.

Soldato
The Copa Mundial are moulded studs. They're designed for harder ground, as they are moulded rubber, the stud doesn't dig in to the base of your feet. Therefore if the grounds soft, wet or muddy, you aren't going to be standing up or changing direction without slipping a lot.

I'd say go for the World Cups, as English weather tends to be more wet that dry during the football season.

Associate
Lead_Head said:
Adidas Copa Mundial for summer weather, or the World Cup version for soft ground.

If you find a good deal anywhere please post a link in here, I'd be interested :)

totally agree - timeless classics. i bought some copas from sports soccer about 4 weeks ago and they cost around £50. treat them properly after playing (wash, dry, dubbing) and they'll last forever.

and call me a pensioner but they're still about the only pair of black boots you can get and boots should be black!

nin9abadga

Soldato
Are the telstar SG adidas boots any good? Bit cheaper, but look like the same style:
807968.JPG

Differences:
"Full grain leather" instead of the kangaroo on the world cups.

Associate
give them a good old feel (get yourself down the shop and try them out) then you'll know the difference is not just the price. i've not seen those boots up close so i can't comment on their merits but it's the same as anything really, you get what you pay for, plus you need to weigh up how often you'll use them.

if you buy a pair of copas (or world cups) and look after them the chances are you won't have to buy another pair for a good few years.

nin9abadga

Associate
Just to bring back this thread, just ordered myself some "ADIDAS PREDATOR ABSOLUTE POWER XTRX SG RED/WHITE" boots. Does anyone own them? any decent feedback on the boots.

PDS002001624.jpg

PDS002001624_3.jpg

PDS002001624_1.jpg

Soldato
A lot of my mates have had to buy two pairs during a season due to the front set of 6 blades seperating from the sole of the boot.

They don't take much abuse and are harder to clean.

As has been stated above, get the Copa Mundials / World Cups and wash them after every game. Once dry apply some dubbin and leave for the following week.

The leather stays soft, supple and look like new.

Back
Top Bottom