For anyone who cares about animal welfare

Soldato
goldilocks said:
and if you are fully aware of the cruelty and suffering involved in the meat industry, yet you still continue to eat meat - then that makes you even worse

Thing is, if you knew the conditions and hygiene standards, and what happened to all your food, in restaurants etc...you'd probably never end up eating. Just have to understand that there's not much you can do about it as you have to eat.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
goldilocks said:
oh yeah, i know people like you
'lets make a great big fuss about something we don't care about'
and if you are fully aware of the cruelty and suffering involved in the meat industry, yet you still continue to eat meat - then that makes you even worse

no offence
personal choice and all that
i'm the only vege in my family, and i don't hold anything against them
but *eurgh*
I have considered giving up meat before as I am aware of the cruelty that exists. I'm not making a big fuss, my point is (and this was never aimed at your or anyone else specifically) was that one should either make the choice to tolerate animal cruelty or reject it completley- not go for halfway vegetarianism. (i.e. I was talking about being a veggie NOT about whether animals are treated inhumanely)

I do indeed choose to tolerate it, but I'm not exactly happy about how it is obtained. However, I do only purchase organic meat and dairy (which is a little but not much) better.

Caporegime
squiffy said:
I understand Muslims don't eat pork because they're classed as swine/filthy animals? However if a pet pig is brought up in a clean enviroment (kept in the house, sleeps and eats in clean house) and only eats things like apples, and not other meat/own faeces/rubbish etc - would it be ok to it eat? :confused:

As far as i know, the answer would be still no. Theres no way you could raise a pig in a clean environment, if you do then it would be a hell of a job but seriously no i still dont think we could eat it...ill have to check though but highly unlikely.

Only time we are allowed to eat pork/pig is if there is nothing else available ie no cows, no vegs etc etc then we are allowed to eat enough to suppress our appetites.

Tbh i have tried pork, was quite a few yrs ago and was curious as to what the taste was...suffice to say i ended up throwing it up all back out as i couldnt stand the taste of it. Same with the smell of it....it really really annoys me to the extent that ill walk out of a place that has had pork recently made.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Spawn said:
But yes definitely the best goddamn steak i have ever had the pleasure of devouring:p and ive been eating steaks since i was a young nipper. British/Scottish beef just doesnt come close to North American beef imho.

South African 4tw :cool: If you ever go down there, be sure to find a Meat Co. restaurant!

Soldato
Spie said:
Starting here. Best steak I've ever had.

Oh good lord that looks gorgeous.

I think one of the funniest things in the world is vegans\veggies getting ill due to their diet. I've seen it happen too. It's damn hilarious.

Permabanned
I like the taste of meat and, to be honest, I couldn't care less if it took the thing a month to die; it tastes good, get it on my plate.

*n

Soldato
I found that video quite funny. What was the point they were trying to get across? Because the one I got was that slaughterhouses should be open 24/7 since the accident wouldn't have happened if the slaughterhouse hadn't closed. Also it says that a pig was trampled to death by another pig. How is that a person's fault? If we didn't have 'em for breakfast they'd probably just trample each other to death.

Back
Top Bottom