For anyone who cares about animal welfare

Soldato
oh look a peta website thats saying some animals have been abused.
wow, thats somthing new, lets all stop eating animals cos its realy evil

no wait, lets not

Caporegime
Spacky said:
If God intended us to be veggies he would have made us all cows

By design we actually are herbivores, stomach ph, jaw shape and teeth, appendix etc, none of our phyiscal attritbutes match carnivores or omnivores.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
AJUK said:
There is a small flaw in your argument. The animals wouldn't be there becase they are only bred at the moment for humans to eat, if all humans became veggie, there would be no need to breed the animals. Carry on....

/backs out of thread

No flaw at all.

The farmers let all the animals out into the wild and get on with growing vegetables. Eventually mummy and daddy animals will have sex and make lots of babies and eventually they are slaughtered because farmer Giles isn't there to look after them and they're running riot.

Soldato
penski said:
I like the taste of meat and, to be honest, I couldn't care less if it took the thing a month to die; it tastes good, get it on my plate.

*n
If you really are being honest then you're a truly reprehensible example of a human being IMO though it's more likely you're saying it as some sort of attempt at bravado and to earn the respect of your peers. Sad really either way.

Associate
phykell said:
If you really are being honest then you're a truly reprehensible example of a human being IMO though it's more likely you're saying it as some sort of attempt at bravado and to earn the respect of your peers. Sad really either way.

Why?

It really doesn't bother me how an animal dies, as long as it's healthy, and makes good meat. It's what they were bred for anyway.

Soldato
phykell said:

Why is that truly reprehensible? He likes meat, he doesn't go in for the "oooooh look at the cute animal, isn't he cute, we couldn't possibly kill it!" approach, and how it died doesn't matter to him (as it doesn't to millions of consumers across the country). Trying to earn respect? Laughable. He's merely stating his view, get over it.

Associate
PETA said:
PETA staff members—alerted about the crash by concerned passersby—pleaded with officials for hours, to no avail, in an attempt to ensure that injured animals were examined and put out of their misery.

You mean slaughtered, spit roasted and eaten on site ;)

Suspended
raz0rr said:
Why?

It really doesn't bother me how an animal dies, as long as it's healthy, and makes good meat. It's what they were bred for anyway.

So in your view, killing a cow with a bullet in the brain, and hacking away with a machete whilst it's still alive is exactly the same?

Are you kind of sick person? At least the animal should be killed quickly. Would you say those on death row should be hung, drawn a quarted? Why not? It's the same right?

I eat meat btw.

Soldato
squiffy said:
So in your view, killing a cow with a bullet in the brain, and hacking away with a machete whilst it's still alive is exactly the same?

I imagine hacking it to death with a machete would make the meat a bit tough and harm the flavour so obviously it wouldn't be as good a way to slaughter a cow.

Caporegime
fatiain said:
Nope, we have canine teeth, only one stomach.... omnivore.

Most herbivores have 1 stomach, rabbits and horses for example, some also have canine teeth for defence.

Omnivores have a stomach ph of 1 to kill the bateria that decompose meat, herbivores have a ph of 4, humans have a ph of 4 which is why we get food poising from rotting meat wheras omnivores dont.

Last edited:
Soldato
raz0rr said:
Why?

He said that he doesn't care how long they take to die. Am I to understand that you don't care if they suffer because if you do, I lump you in the same category as the other guy.

Soldato
squiffy said:

Are you kind of sick person? At least the animal should be killed quickly. Would you say those on death row should be hung, drawn a quarted? Why not? It's the same right?

I eat meat btw.

flaw in statment,
if you KILL it with a bullet then its DEAD (ie its been killed) and ergo cannot be ALIVE while dismembering is taking place.

Soldato
VeNT said:
flaw in statment,
if you KILL it with a bullet then its DEAD (ie its been killed) and ergo cannot be ALIVE while dismembering is taking place.

He's comparing the two, not saying you do one after the other.

Suspended
well duh. :rolleyes: what you didn't understand is shooting it through the brain is a quick death, cutting it's legs off and letting it bleed to death is the same end result, but the method is slow and painful for the cow. I wouldn't want the animals I eat to have that sort of death. Quick chop/spike to the brain etc is ok. Same for murderers on death row.

Soldato
Carzy said:
Why is that truly reprehensible? He likes meat, he doesn't go in for the "oooooh look at the cute animal, isn't he cute, we couldn't possibly kill it!" approach, and how it died doesn't matter to him (as it doesn't to millions of consumers across the country). Trying to earn respect? Laughable. He's merely stating his view, get over it.
I'll tell you why I'm not prepared to "get over it"; just because we breed animals for meat doesn't mean it's at all morally acceptable to treat animals inhumanely. That's why there are laws protecting animals against people like penski who couldn't give a toss about how animals are treated as long as he gets to eat them. Thankfully, the vast majority of people aren't as uncaring and inhumane as he is.

Next.

Back
Top Bottom