For fans of Peter Molyneux, Masters of Albion.

Looks interesting, but no actual release date provided. My worry is it's got a veneer of pointless customisation and is as shallow as a puddle.
The latter is kind of my concern, especially with his occasional tendency to ... over promise! I'll still keep an eye, I am a sucker for the games with the ability to drop in and directly control units...

He's released many games but most have been exceptionally poor in the past couple of decades (baring Fable series).

Godus was basically a scam, a PC game that morphed into something shallow, pointless and basically like a mobile game post crowdfunding.

I will watch, but expect a pile of drivel tbh.

Last edited:
He's released many games but most have been exceptionally poor in the past couple of decades (baring Fable series).

Godus was basically a scam, a PC game that morphed into something shallow, pointless and basically like a mobile game post crowdfunding.

I will watch, but expect a pile of drivel tbh.
I was about to reply about the fable series before you edited :D ! Completely agreed on godus but there are sometimes (over promised) interesting elements in games, just not often fully realised. Black and white had some really interesting bits in it.

He says right at the start that a team of 20 is working on this which seems rather small for a game of any size. I'm hoping the game will give you a reasonable amount of freedom to explore the lands, pick up mini stories of other habitants of the land around you.....and god willing slap some of the peasants around, please let there be slapping, it felt so right slapping your minions around in DK when they weren't working fast enough.

He has done some decent games Populous and Black & White were really good as was the Fable series. He just seems to fail at delivering what is promised and tends to overexaggerate things a fair bit.

does he have any fans? the guys basically a scammer in most peoples eyes?
I most definitely dont see him as a scammer, he made some truly great games, games which were legendary in the early days of gaming, like Populous, Powermonger, Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Theme Park, Fable...I cant in all honesty label someone who came up with those as a scammer.

The way I see it is that his greatest years are long behind him but in many ways he is one of the key figures in the history of gaming and there are a great many titles today which wouldnt exist if it wasnt for some of the games he created, which actually created entire genres.

Another Godus disappointee here.

Paid for early access, watched game grow to potential greatness then watched it collapse into a pile of mismanagement, poor communication and lies.

The mismanagement was the worst part, for someone who has been knighted for his services to industry to be associated with such failure highlights just how much of a shyster he is in my opinion.

As such, would never touch anything he's associated with.

I most definitely dont see him as a scammer, he made some truly great games, games which were legendary in the early days of gaming, like Populous, Powermonger, Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Theme Park, Fable...I cant in all honesty label someone who came up with those as a scammer.

The way I see it is that his greatest years are long behind him but in many ways he is one of the key figures in the history of gaming and there are a great many titles today which wouldnt exist if it wasnt for some of the games he created, which actually created entire genres.
His last good game was 20 years ago. While I hold those games in high esteem, particularly Dungeon Keeper, he has thrashed is reputation with Godus, and I will not pay for anything of his unless it is fully released and working.

Back
Top Bottom