For those that have given up game score/ trophies;

Soldato
How does it feel!? Do you regret it? Do you find playing games more enjoyable!?

I think I've feel into a bit of a trap recently only gaming on the 360 regardless of which format has the better game. Also it almost feels like I'm "wasting time" playing on my ps3 and pc. Also playing for hours just for some daft achivement. I need a reality check! Lol. There just isn't enough hours in the day.

Associate
I have never bothered with achievements either and i only use my 360 for sp.
If i happen to get a achievement whilst playing then great.......but i`d never carry on playing once finished for any achievement , but i sometimes play on after finishing a game for in game item or perhaps a avatar item.

Soldato
dont think i could ever give it up :p

it makes me play the game more with things like collecting the riddles on arkham city.

i dont go for the rediculous stuff tho.

Soldato
If i really like a game ill try to platinum it just for the challenge, but I'm not one of these people who will buy or rent an easy game just to get some shiny emblems. I've got 15 platinums but they are all on games I loved eg fallout 3 and new Vegas, borderlands, uncharted 1 & 2, mass effect 2 & 3 etc etc

Soldato
OP
I think I'm going to take a step back from achievements and just let the fun of playing a game be enough and stop playing when I feel Ive had enough rather than trying to do everything I possibly can in a game to the point of insanity. There's so many good games out there and so little gaming time in my life now that I can't justify 40+ hours on just one game.

Caporegime
I'm at about 22k. I was managing about 1k a month but I've slowed down of late, largely due to playing some games that have more playtime value than achievements. I'm actually replaying Arkham Asylum now, even though I got 1000 on that ages ago. I think I'm going to pick up Arkham City and do some of the challenge based DLC achievements because I love the combat, even though I won't pick up much score. I've got the bucket list to do on Forza 4 which could take another 100 hours, maybe, but I love the game and I'd like to get full marks on there.

I think I'm more concerned with completion percentage than pure score, these days, so I've been going back to some games I played a while back to increase my percentages rather than just my score. So, I went back to CoD4 and picked up everything that didn't mean playing at hardened or higher, went back to NFS:HP and got everything bar the absurdly hard all gold achievements... I'll probably try to alternate between finishing up old stuff and trying new stuff from now on.

Man of Honour
Nothing has ever seemed so pointless to me as these gamescores. Some people do them even though they aren't really enjoying the game. Just think of all the productive things you could be doing with your time...

Caporegime
Nothing has ever seemed so pointless to me as these gamescores. Some people do them even though they aren't really enjoying the game. Just think of all the productive things you could be doing with your time...

I tend to pack a game in when I get to a point where I'm not actually enjoying it. I might persist with something if I can see its a matter of practising something that I can actually see myself "achieving", but if it's just pure hours to be ground away at, or is something skill based where I feel I have no chance of ever managing it, I'll just give up and play something and actually enjoy it instead.

Soldato
I've never really been fussed with achievements or trophies. I'll go for the odd few now and again when they're easy to do or seem quite fun, but when they're just a case of essentially having to grind the game or do something ridiculous I don't see the point.

They're a nice inclusion in some games, but if there's a proper storyline then that's what I'm more concerned with, not the achievements or trophies. I'm still quite glad that MGS4 didn't have them.

Soldato
I was ruled by them when I had a 360, one eye on the game and the other eye on achievement walkthroughs. When I swapped over to the PS3 I started out the same with trophies but now I realise that a lot of times playing like that actually ruins the game for me.

So now I just play a game through and if I really had a lot of fun then I'll go for the platinum, otherwise I move on to the next game.

I have to say that making that decision really made me feel liberated and gaming is more enjoyable instead of being a cheevo hunting chore.

Soldato
Well I used to try and get gamerscores all the time, And just sort of stopped. I still like to see the odd achievement unlocked as a play casually. but I dont aim for them.

Although a friend of mine from work the other day made me feel a bit pooh. "You've played so many games and yet your gamer score is tiny? I thought you were good at games"

I am good at games...I just dont look at my achievements and so never get that many unless they're gotten through a general play through. for instance, If they offer an achievement for killing someone with the same weapon 1000 times, I probably missed it as I generally swap and change weapons.

Meh :p

Soldato
Never bothered with them - to me, an Xbox gamer score or the PS3 equivalent (whatever that is) simply indicates someone with too much time on their hands :D Or unemployed :p Bit like seeing rank 99 players in Battlefield 3.... where do these people find the time!

Back
Top Bottom