Ford Fiesta mk8 removing foam packing in boot

Associate
Does anyone know how the foam packing in the boot comes on the new Fiesta? The one that contains puncture repair kit etc in place of the spare wheel.

On the last model it was held in with retainer that screwed into the boot floor but my mums got the new model and there seems to be a plastic plate with a round pin or stud through it but can't see how it comes out?

It's for my mums new car, want to swap it for spare wheel & jack etc

Got a photo of it but not sure how to post one up since photobucket pulled the plug

Associate
OP
I got it out with a bit of brute force in the end - looking at it closer you should be able to prise the head up with a screwdriver, just the access isn't great as it's recessed into the foam packing.

All sorted and got proper spare wheel with jack in there now

Associate
Did you find that there was room for a full size spare, or just a space saver?

If it's a space saver are you happy with it, and would you mind letting me know where you bought it.

Thanks
Dee

Fiesta 2018 1.0 100ps Zetec

Associate
OP
The boot well is deep enough to take a full sized spare, one of my mothers earlier Fiestas came with one factory fitted and this has bounced down the line as she's had newer models and full spare swapped for the pump & goo kit each time at trade-in time.

Not been needed very often but prefer having full sized spare for lots of reasons

Back
Top Bottom