Ford Mondeo

Soldato
My thoughts on the Powershift Gearbox right now. I could cover the £2352 but I just know they will say the TCM needs replacing too.

I have a Mondeo Titanium X Sport. It's in beautiful condition inside and out - yet I will probably have to scrap it because of this, as I will be unable to pass this on to anyone else.

Bah Humbug!

Can't you throw a used gearbox & TCM in it?

The symptoms in that e-mail, my father in laws car has started doing the same.

Associate
7bsNPMU.jpg

My thoughts on the Powershift Gearbox right now. I could cover the £2352 but I just know they will say the TCM needs replacing too.

I have a Mondeo Titanium X Sport. It's in beautiful condition inside and out - yet I will probably have to scrap it because of this, as I will be unable to pass this on to anyone else.

Bah Humbug!

feel for you had similar problem with a galaxy with the v/w autobox old shape payed for the box to be recond and then a tcm.......only for the fault to reemerge a few weeks later. eventually tracked down to a dodgy harness being stressed by the gearbox, when i got the old harness back i stripped it and found in places it was only the insulation holding the internal wiring together. eventually got some compensation but still well out of pocket.

im guessing the mondeo is 2011 onwards so if it was me i would source another box out of a rear end accident damaged vehicle ,with a tcm. will work out cheaper that selling spares or repair or scrapping.:(

Soldato
I see. So a manual should be less prone to this then?

Manual boxes don't have the dual wet clutches of the Powershift box so won't have that failure. They can still suffer from a failure of the dual mass flywheel but replacing that and the clutch when the time comes is rather cheaper.

Associate
OP
I see. But they have the dual mass flywheel. Does the automatic got dual mass flywheel & dual wet clutch then?

just went today to pick up my new mondeo, to me
It is beautiful and it drives beautiful. It was a nice upgradecfrom a Nissan almera from early 2000s lol

Back
Top Bottom