Forget 34UM95, here's 34UC97! (CURVED 34")

Associate
Just wondering if anyones got a LG with good backlighting?

I know people will always post pics when there is problems but surely this must be the minority with all that are sold.

I'd like to see some pics of good examples too!

Care to share?

I'm interested in seeing them as well. S2KIP, can you post before/after pictures of your monitor? Mine came back worse than when it left. Tried calling LG on Friday but they were closed, so I'll have to do this song and dance again on Tuesday.

Soldato
Just wondering if anyones got a LG with good backlighting?

I know people will always post pics when there is problems but surely this must be the minority with all that are sold.

I'd like to see some pics of good examples too!

Care to share?

Well I had 4 and all quite bad bleed so that's 4 monitors 100% bad bleed lol not really a good percentage. Im sure theres good ones out there too but for the price I wasn't willing to put up with that at all.

Man of Honour
I'm interested in seeing them as well. S2KIP, can you post before/after pictures of your monitor? Mine came back worse than when it left. Tried calling LG on Friday but they were closed, so I'll have to do this song and dance again on Tuesday.

Just seen this. If I remember I'll have a dig through my emails for the before pics (deleted from my phone).

Soldato
hmm.....this is making me re-consider getting the LG! Are curved worth it? Should I just stick with my 27" 1440p?

Personally I would not bother risking it. Seen to many problems with this LG panel.

As for curved I have tried the Samsung 34" wide screen it was not too bad when gaming but for desktop use, films etc the distortion drove me nuts! lol

I still much prefer a flat screen after trying the widescreen, nice straight undistorted lines! I think the curve is just a gimmick, even more so for TV's. For gaming it was OK but nothing groundbreaking. I'm personally waiting for the Samsung U32E850R 4k 32". That will give a better experience all round for me, work and pleasure. I did briefly try the LG 31MU97 31" True 4K so I've had a taste of 4k and much prefer it over superwide. Shame the LG had half the panel with a yellow cast (common issue) otherwise I would have kept it.

But this is just my opinion so take it how you want.

;)

Soldato
hmm....Thanks for your opinion though :) What I don't want to be doing is purchasing a monitor which I think it going to be great and turns out to be pants and not what I expected. Shipping a monitor back is a total pain in the bum, I did it with my old 29" superwide screen.

I think I'll sick with my 1440p 27" for now then but the 32" 1440p does look nice...I may just end up with a new GPU :D

Man of Honour
I love the curve when gaming, but as above it can be a little off putting for desktop use. But my PC is purely gaming anyway, I have a 5k iMac for day to day stuff.

Associate
I think some people are overly picky... :(

I have no issues with my curved LG and are not only felt fine with a tiny bit of IPS corner glow... But I expected it from the start... :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
People should be picky at this price point. there should be absolute minimal bleed in any corner, any obvious bleed is a failure at QC and it should be returned and swapped immediately. It's not a cheap monitor where QC can be forgiven.

Soldato
Looking at the version of this on TWO reduced to £599. Are these monitors pretty much a lost cause in that they’ll mostly have some sort of bleed in each corner, with guaranteed glow at the periphery when it gets a bit dark?

Associate
I went ahead and got this monitor lads. I really hope it doesnt blow up in my face :(

I was really thinking of getting a the Panny 4K monitor but im worried about the size of it

Associate
I've had 7 LG monitors in the past 3 years and I've yet to have a problem with any of them, I was considering paying the £100 extra for the 34UC97 over the 'equivalent' Dell, but this thread has put me off entirely.

I'd like to see some positive posts about the monitor, because otherwise a lot is left to be desired.

Man of Honour
Apart from a bit of bleed with mine which I don't notice unless I look directly at it and the poor stand, I couldn't be happier with mine.

Back
Top Bottom