should be too bad

phone em up

I got this from barkleys, the next month they upped my limit by £1k

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
basmic said:
Halifax truly are the spawn of the devil. :mad::mad:

agreed - their website i find shocking - i have had to call them up 3 times in the past for 'aparently' entering the word 'peter' in wrong 3 times?!? :mad:

Memphis said:
One off you should be fine. If it happens multiple times it becomes a problem.

yeah thats what i was hoping :cool:

Associate
I can't find a reference to back it up at the moment, but I was under the impression that most banks would only submit an entry onto your credit record after you missed two consecutive payments.

Soldato
basmic said:
Halifax truly are the spawn of the devil. :mad::mad:

Why?
You owe them money, you don't pay, they fine you.
Seems quite straight forward.
Solution: Set up a Direct Debit so that the minimum payment is taken every month.
Now, if you don't pay anything you still make your minimum payment and never get fined.
If you want to pay more, simply do so on the website or via the paperwork you receive.

Too many people seem to think banks give credit cards away as a good gesture, for charity, because they are "being nice".
No - like everyone they are out to make money, so spend a little bit of time minimising the chance they have to make any off you rather than moaning after the event.

Associate
I had that once with devil spawn that is Barclaycard.

I was not paying late, it was 2 days before the money was due, but because i was paying it through a Barclays bank, they take 3 days to clear the money off the credit card so even though I paid before it was due, I was still charged for being late!

read me me off no end and I stopped using them after that and setup a credit card with my bank (Abbey) to be paid by direct debit so no more hassles like this ever again.

Soldato
I had the same sort of thing as you Gedalia, payed barclaycard on the day it said to, but because it wasn't my local branch it took a day longer (???) so I got charged!

Permabanned
I cant believe that people are moaning for paying late, or missing payments.

If yoy dont pay in time, that means paying so it CLEARS in time, or miss altogether then yes youll pay interest and be hit with £20-25 charge for the pleasure, thats life. Its all perfectly clear so stop moaning.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Slime101 said:
I cant believe that people are moaning for paying late, or missing payments.

If yoy dont pay in time, that means paying so it CLEARS in time, or miss altogether then yes youll pay interest and be hit with £20-25 charge for the pleasure, thats life. Its all perfectly clear so stop moaning.
Stop moaning yourself. At we're moaning about something worth moaning about.

Back
Top Bottom