Forgotten exercises

Associate
Some exercises you rarely see performed in the gym, (as the noobs always jump on bench press or biceps)

Deadlifts
Clean and Jerks
Snatch

Deadlifts I have to sit down too steady myself afterwards before I fall down, and Clean and Jerks really knacker me out as if I just ran a marathon.
Are there any other hidden gems out there that test the body big style ?

Caporegime
Me and my mate are the only two who squat and deadlift regularly out of about 50 or more people that attend the gym I do. Most people just laugh and ask why they would want big legs when squats are mentioned and deadlifts don't even register in their heads. The very same people are the reason why my gym's covered in mirrors and not decent equipment :(

I've not tried clean and jerk or the snatch and they're not exercises I would be willing to try without proper coaching as they look a lot more technical than the other big lifts.

Associate
I cycle deadlifts too, really great for getting full body strength, but I don't believe in doing deadlifts for a huge amount of reps, never more than 8, usually start with 6 and go down to a double, after warming up that is.

As for clean and jerk, gotta say I don't do them that often, which is more than anyone else in the gym though, had a few tears 10 years ago or so, scared of them now :o

Back
Top Bottom