Formula 1 Theme Live in Concert by Brian Tyler

Soldato
Very nice. Brian Tyler is a monster, composed the scores for loads of blockbusters like IronMan and Avengers. Has this music been the theme on Sky F1 then?

He says on his youtube page of the official studio recording:

Brian Tyler 8 months ago
"Ever since I first watched Ayrton Senna race I have obsessed over practically every #F1 practice, quali, and race since so it was a humbling honor to be asked to compose music for F1 and to conduct the Philharmonia of London for it, it was a childhood dream come true. As a fellow F1 fan, I truly hope people enjoy the music but I understand that everyone will have their own opinion which I respect. I am always preaching to my friends and family how it is the greatest sport on earth. LONG LIVE F1!!!!! "

Maybe we'll see him as a guest on the gridwalk.

One comment on there says "Couldn’t imagine something more American than this...I mean, it’s a great track, but doesn’t fit at all, it just sounds like your average action movie."

Soldato
Not Sky F1, the whole of F1. When the broadcast changes to the main Liberty feed it's used in the intro, buildup and presentations at the end. Sky still using "just drive" for their theme.

Man of Honour
Funny, when it played at the start of the season I hated it, too Americanised. I now love it. Adds a certain more epic feel to the start of the F1 race.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
It's a great piece of music, but not exactly in keeping. As part of a Marvel film score? Sure, fitting and suitably epic. For the abyss that F1 has slid into? This one that someone on here linked to a while back is more appropriate.

Oh, and if you want the reverse of that...

:D

Back
Top Bottom