Formula one drivers who have been caught speeding off track?

Soldato
I can think of a couple Lewis Hamilton, David Coulthard, Jenson Button and maybe Damon Hill? I presume there has been many more who have been caught and the rest of them who haven’t :D

It's to help settle a discussion with a friend.

Soldato
I seem to remember that Ayrton Senna once got pulled over on a british motorway, the traffic cop asked him "who do you think you are.. nigel mansell?" to which he replied, with a perfectly straight face "no, I am Ayrton Senna"

Man of Honour
Just read Jenson butyons book and he mentions it in there, that was some speed he was going and BMW didn't care they thought it was good publicity. As this was back when people though diesels were slow.

Soldato
I seem to remember that Ayrton Senna once got pulled over on a british motorway, the traffic cop asked him "who do you think you are.. nigel mansell?" to which he replied, with a perfectly straight face "no, I am Ayrton Senna"

Same rumour about J stewart and sterling moss.

Man of Honour
Great stories from most eras of race drivers on the road and I have a few personal experiences too but one of the best is from Gerald Donaldson his book about Gilles Villeneuve. When at Ferrari with Didier Pironi they used to race from their homes in Monaco to the Ferrari test track and see who could hold their car flat out for the longest. The toll booth operators got used to them doing this and would see them coming, so would open the lanes at which point 2 Ferraris would come screaming through both drivers flinging coins out their cars flat on the boards.

Back
Top Bottom