Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Soldato
I'm finding this season a lot more fun than I did originally with the previous. Even the map changes has made it interesting. You're getting people landing in completely random areas with the challenges and new bits on the map so can have interactions pretty much anytime at random. Being able to 'upgrade' the skins is a nice touch as well challenge wise.

Don
Yeah don't think I'll be buying season 4 as there's nothing that really jumps out skin wise. Kind of a grind the last one too, though it made me explore weapons and other areas more than I would have which is cool.

I bought it anyway (even without seeing what the skins were). Reason being that it's the only game I've been playing lately, so made sense to get the extra XP bonuses etc. Should easily get far enough to earn enough v-bucks to pay for Season 5 as well.

I agree with the other comments that the challenges do spice things up with regards to where to land etc.

Soldato
I had a try on this, I'm so bad :D

Had 6 games, 5 finishes in the top 5 but not a single kill. I just hide then get killed at the end :p

This and pubg are very hard to get good at as there's no way to just play and get comfortable with the mechanics and weapons (pubg very bad for this!)

I want to play them as everyone's banging on about them but I just can't be bothered :p

Don
This and pubg are very hard to get good at as there's no way to just play and get comfortable with the mechanics and weapons (pubg very bad for this!)

I want to play them as everyone's banging on about them but I just can't be bothered :p

Its like any game, the more you play it the better you get, muscle memory eventually kicks in and you will be building quicker and better than before. I think where most fail is defending themselves before attacking, when I started someone would shoot me and I would shoot back, now i instantly build a square around me with steps. My problem is getting the materials at the start, I'm far too lazy :p

Soldato
OP
I had a try on this, I'm so bad :D

Had 6 games, 5 finishes in the top 5 but not a single kill. I just hide then get killed at the end :p
The general consensus from good players is don't worry about wins and just push players for kills to get experience with gun fights and building under pressure. It's easy enough to get to end game but without building mats, a decent load-out and most importantly, experience, you won't get very far.

Soldato
I bought it anyway (even without seeing what the skins were). Reason being that it's the only game I've been playing lately, so made sense to get the extra XP bonuses etc. Should easily get far enough to earn enough v-bucks to pay for Season 5 as well.

I agree with the other comments that the challenges do spice things up with regards to where to land etc.

That's what i am working towards. I had the free version. Bought 1000 vbucks for the Season 3 Battlepass. Then when Season 4 came out i only needed a few Vbucks so i bought the starter pack and bought Season 4. So i now currently have 800 vbucks and a couple to get shortly via progression so next season should be free. :)

Caporegime
Screw building, I won at the weekend without building once.

Positioning is more key until you get comfortable building quickly. I think it catches people off guard because that’s what they expect.

Especially so I’m the end game, people look for the buildings.

Does anyone play Xbox? I need people to play with.

Soldato
Yeah, I don't build too much, especially in close gun fights - mostly because I'm not great at it. It is definitely key though, especially on PC!

Getting a lot better at rushing in for 1v2 or 1v3's. Just had a few nice ones using the jump pads. Let down at the end on 10 kills by two 6 damage shots from my tactical shotgun near point blank, and got domed and died in 1 hit :(

I play on PC/PS4, Epic username is: syke-

Soldato
I've managed to win solo games twice without building. Like Anitjoke says, it's all about positioning really and using sound to mask the sound of your movement. I'm not getting in to the habit of making sure I farm for materials while playing but yet to get to the stage where I'm building in fights yet.

I play on xbox and even when I've tried messing around on the 50v50 (that's a good mode to practice on) I can't build anywhere near as quick as others can. I'm off the opinion there must be a fair few that use KBM emulators as some of the people I've spectated are as quick as the PC lot when it comes to building.

Soldato
I've managed to win solo games twice without building. Like Anitjoke says, it's all about positioning really and using sound to mask the sound of your movement. I'm not getting in to the habit of making sure I farm for materials while playing but yet to get to the stage where I'm building in fights yet.

I play on xbox and even when I've tried messing around on the 50v50 (that's a good mode to practice on) I can't build anywhere near as quick as others can. I'm off the opinion there must be a fair few that use KBM emulators as some of the people I've spectated are as quick as the PC lot when it comes to building.

Have you tried builder pro for controls ? Also Mouse and keyboard work natively on console

Soldato
Have you tried builder pro for controls ? Also Mouse and keyboard work natively on console

I do use that controller mode and it has made me able to build silly little things like 1x1s and get better at judging where to place ramps. I need to start being able to tie it all together. Does mouse and keyboard work natively on Xbox, I thought it was a PS4 thing? Not that I'd be able to use it as I sit on oversized bean bag when I game so would be tricky for balance.

I still enjoy it despite my lack of building skills as it's easy to enough to come across people that get so caught up trying to build a fort when you attack that they lose track of you and just end up exposing themselves for simple kills.

Soldato
I do use that controller mode and it has made me able to build silly little things like 1x1s and get better at judging where to place ramps. I need to start being able to tie it all together. Does mouse and keyboard work natively on Xbox, I thought it was a PS4 thing? Not that I'd be able to use it as I sit on oversized bean bag when I game so would be tricky for balance.

I still enjoy it despite my lack of building skills as it's easy to enough to come across people that get so caught up trying to build a fort when you attack that they lose track of you and just end up exposing themselves for simple kills.

Not sure about keyboard and mouse on Xbox, I did try it on ps4 but it didn't feel like a PC the long range combat was ok but close range felt like the mouse had lag. It took me a while to to build properly I still mess it up in the heat of combat every now and then and build those stupid pyramids....

Last edited:
Don
This trap elimination challenge is killing me, since changing the damage from 125 to 75 its proving very hard.

I struggled but found best option was to drop into Tilted towers, hope there was a trap on top of a building, jump down and then place it in the ground floor of a building

Still have to hope that people aren't at full health when they encounter it, but more likely in a "hot" area.

Back
Top Bottom