Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Man of Honour
XBox crossplay announced - https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/xbox-cross-platform-fortnite

Epic said:
We’re happy to announce today that in partnership with our friends at Microsoft, Fortnite will feature cross-play, cross-progression, and cross-purchase, between Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS and (in the next few months) Android.

Contrary to what may have been implied, Microsoft has long been a leading voice in supporting cross-platform play, connecting players across PC, mobile and all consoles. We’ve been working together with them over the last several months to make this possible, and will bring this functionality to Fortnite players on Xbox right along with other platforms.

With each new platform we support and every update we ship, we strive to bring Fortnite to more people, and make it easier to play together with friends. And, as always, cross-play is opt in.

That last bit is vital, it being opt in is important. They must be adding something for that to work, because at the moment as far as I know PS4 players can't keep PC players out of their games. I wonder if they'll fix that too?

Soldato
Soldato
Think there is cross play built in as standard on PS4. You can also use keyboard and mouse on ps4. That's the only annoying thing imo. I played a guy the other day who built a mega fort in about 3.5 seconds so I bailed.

Man of Honour
wait what? there's crossplay between pc and ps4 going on right now?

Yeah. PS4 players need to sign in to their Epic account on PC, then add PC people as friends either on the launcher or might be possible to do on the website, and then in game it's then possible to invite those PC players to their party. I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain it puts you in a PS4 lobby.

Man of Honour
Just started getting into this, pretty fun game, like others have mentioned I am rubbish at the building concept.

When will the free mode end?

From everything I can see, it won't.

What will end is the need to pay for the PVE "Save the World" mode. It is supposed to be going free to play this year, with paid early access until then. I haven't played it, but it looks and sounds like an addictive chance based micro-transaction nightmare to me :p

With regards to Battle Royale, I think they would be fools to change their business model for the foreseeable future. They must be making an absolute killing right now, and rightly so. I've never been compelled to buy cosmetics before, but I just can't seem to help myself when the stuff they put out is so good. At the rate they're creating content and the way they're keeping it seasonal I can't see them running out of steam any time soon.

Soldato
Love this game, thought I was addicted to Rocket League, but this is a whole new level. Not tried it on PC yet, but having a lot of fun on PS4.

I also suck at the building part!

Soldato
Can someone post a link to a good online guide or a few vids that will help a noob out? I want to get into this and downloaded it earlier but had no idea what to do.
Not tutorials and the guys are next level (pro) but watch Ninja and TSM Myth there pc players which is abit different but they know the meta and you can learn to think and play like them. They may have a tutorial series too but not sure.

Ive Almost hit level 70 this season already.

Soldato
Not tutorials and the guys are next level (pro) but watch Ninja and TSM Myth there pc players which is abit different but they know the meta and you can learn to think and play like them. They may have a tutorial series too but not sure.

Ive Almost hit level 70 this season already.
NICKMERCS is a good one for console (PS4). Most the 'TSM' guys that play are all incredible as well.

Caporegime
Hmm, I got into a right pickle at the end game it’s 2 of us left. Other guy was building towers, I had no idea what to try. I was hidden and had to move because of the storm so I just had to walk out and let him shoot me. :(

Soldato
How do some people seem to jump out of the bus and get on the ground so quickly ? I free-fall right until the glider automatically deploys but still, feels like I'm taking forever to finally get on a roof or whatever.

Soldato
OP
The bus travels faster than you can glide in one direction so generally you want to exit the bus and dive straight down aiming for a low point like a valley or lake, as the glider deploys at a certain height above ground.

Then after diving directly down you want maximum lateral movement so you only just reach your target as you land. Sometimes you may find you should have exited the bus earlier, sometimes later. Just experiment.

Back
Top Bottom