Fortnite free to play 26th Sept

Don
fun game although I am bad at it.

I thought that for a while, but came close to winning my first game last night (got the last person to 20 health!).

Just a case of finding tactics that work for you (i.e. going aggressive doesn't work for everyone - finding somewhere out of the way, and taking time to find weapons then sneaking towards the circle works better for me).

Luck plays a huge part as well - if you can't find reasonable weapons early on (e.g. green shotgun, or smg for close range), or appropriate end game weapons (e.g. sniper rifle, rpg, blue or better assault rifle), then you will always find the round difficult.

Soldato
If you want to drastically improve your skill just drop into busy zones repeatedly. You will die a lot but you'll quickly improve.

And the general answer on reddit for fortnite is "should have built". Despite the meme that has come from this it still stands as the first thing to do in any engagement.

Caporegime
How do you adjust the matching making option to be cross play?

Mine just always says ‘fill with same platform’

I don’t think you can, is it not who you have in your party? So if a PC player sends you an invite you’ll match with PC players.

I would suspect at that point it will change.

Associate
I’ve just downloaded this but I don’t seem to be able to get past the making an account stage. Tried making an account but it says I’m trying to often, even when it was the first attempt. Then tried proceeding without making an account and it’s just stuck on the “Proceeding without linking accounts” screen. Any ideas?

Soldato
I’ve just downloaded this but I don’t seem to be able to get past the making an account stage. Tried making an account but it says I’m trying to often, even when it was the first attempt. Then tried proceeding without making an account and it’s just stuck on the “Proceeding without linking accounts” screen. Any ideas?

I seen earlier they were having some issues with creating accounts, all looks sorted now so give it another go.

Don
Won my first solo over the weekend, somehow (had about 10hp left)! Still a win is a win.

Started switching things up a bit now - whilst I like playing the slower, sneakier game (usually starting near lonely lodge or junk junkyard and then working my way around the map), I am trying to be more aggressive and trying some of the faster placed areas like loot lake and tilted towers.

Nothing like watching 2 other people go for the same chest as you, and fighting each other to loot it, then bludgeon them both to death with the pick axe :)

Associate
I have been playing Battle Royale and so has my 7 year old son - obviously he is not doing too well on it, but I think he might like Save The World. He prefers building to fighting and just when he gets his fort right he gets killed! Anyway, if I buy the full game that gets me entry to Save The World? Does it also mean that I get the same rewards as the Battle Pass - or do I need to buy that as well?

Man of Honour
Been playing this three weeks or so now and never managed a win until last night (squads), then this morning managed to win a solo! All the youtube watching is paying off!

Well done. This game makes me feel rubbish because I haven't had a win in my first 10 games. You take it for granted that when there are two teams you have a 50/50 chance of getting that morale boost regardless of your performance.

Soldato
Almost level 100 this season. Got around 10 solo wins but mainly play squads and duos got around 30+wins in both. Still really enjoying it and credit to the devs they keep on bringing new free content. Only thing I've noticed that seems to be getting abit worse is inconsistency and abit of lag now and again. The games so big the servers are taking a real hammering .

Back
Top Bottom