Fortnite Help with upgrade

Associate
Hi all

Need advice with upgrading my son's computer for Fortnite
He has a and radeon hd 7700

Gddr5 . And phenomenon(TM) II X6 1055t

8gb system memory . Core Cooke 1000 MHz
2 tb c drive and 2 tb e drive .

Only getting 60 frame rate need a lot higher.

Any suggestions of what we can add to the system or do we need a full upgrade .

Soldato
Hi all

Need advice with upgrading my son's computer for Fortnite
He has a and radeon hd 7700

Gddr5 . And phenomenon(TM) II X6 1055t

8gb system memory . Core Cooke 1000 MHz
2 tb c drive and 2 tb e drive .

Only getting 60 frame rate need a lot higher.

Any suggestions of what we can add to the system or do we need a full upgrade .

is his 60fps average count? and is the monitor being used higher then 60hz ? getting higher frames then what your monitor can support can lead to wasted performance/power and cash.

is worth upgrading Core - CPU/Mobo/Ram - this should give extra fps to the GPU as at 1080p your mostly CPU bound - though GPU gives the biggest increase... you kind of hit a wall with a powerful GPU but weak CPU etc.

good cheap bundle- should see 5-10fps increase easily and SSD! clone OS to it or run Fortnite off it

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £339.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

^^^also depends if there's a full ATX board/case hes using

older AMD CPUs weren't great and lead intel to have a solid 6+ year dominance and fell asleep whilst they were at it. now AMD have come out strong and cheap!​

Associate
Why do you need higher than 60? Is your monitor a 144hz monitor? It seems incredibly unlikely given the PC spec.

Your CPU and GPU are old but Fortnite would run on a potato. If you just want to run it at ultra/highest settings at a stable 60fps, slap in a GTX1050Ti 4GB for £150 or whatever. Your CPU should be fine for Fortnite.

Soldato
Permabanned
I'm assuming your GPU limited so you could probably get away with just replacing the graphics card, GTX1050 for around £150?

I'm not very familiar with where exactly the Phenom II X6 1055T and HD 7700 really fit in performance wise so I might be way off. :p

Back
Top Bottom