• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

forum deal?

Associate
I'm drawing a dichotomy between a computer parts enthusiast and a gamer here. One of the two certainly gets more mileage out of the product than the other.

I sometimes spend more time min-maxing the settings for a game for optimal fps/fidelity ratio than actually playing it, but that doesn't happen often.

Sounds like you are turning it in to a MMO style game. Remember to grind in "the office" to earn gold before the raid night when we try to take down the "scalper" boss. hopefully with the OCUK buff we can win and everyone gets a /roll on the legendary loot.

Soldato
I don't think selling the first card would make any difference - you still already had your 1 deal priced GPU.

Thing is if you read the rules in the OP here
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...nitro-only-529-99-with-voucher-code.18924725/
Just says 1 per customer. Doesn't say if you got the 3060 deal you can't have this.. It's all a bit muddy..

It would be really good if there was a way to "upgrade" to a better card too.

I'm just trying to do things the right and honest way. I'm sure there's a lot who won't..

Soldato
Thing is if you read the rules in the OP here
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...nitro-only-529-99-with-voucher-code.18924725/
Just says 1 per customer. Doesn't say if you got the 3060 deal you can't have this.. It's all a bit muddy..

It would be really good if there was a way to "upgrade" to a better card too.

I'm just trying to do things the right and honest way. I'm sure there's a lot who won't..

From what I understand it does remember if you bought a card this way and it locks your account out of future deals.

Associate
I reckon they could still do an open NON-Deal. Not MSRP but whatever the market price is but have the £10,000 and discount code, it wouldn't stop miners but it would defeat the bots and surly its better to buy an overpriced card from OcUK than a scalped one from ebay. Wouldn't matter if the deal leaked then.

They should still do MM deal too of course.

Also a deal on spare F5 key caps might be needed soon too.

Soldato
I reckon they could still do an open NON-Deal. Not MSRP but whatever the market price is but have the £10,000 and discount code, it wouldn't stop miners but it would defeat the bots and surly its better to buy an overpriced card from OcUK than a scalped one from ebay. Wouldn't matter if the deal leaked then.

They should still do MM deal too of course.

Also a deal on spare F5 key caps might be needed soon too.

If it was me i'd have tried to keep and ship the cards to those who actually purchased at £10,000 (I believe Gibbo and ScottiB said there were a handful) and then pass that money onto savings for the "regular" gamers. I mean if the scalpers are going to use bots and not check the price, I say **** 'em. They'd happily rip someone else off on ebay given half the chance.

Associate
If it was me i'd have tried to keep and ship the cards to those who actually purchased at £10,000 (I believe Gibbo and ScottiB said there were a handful) and then pass that money onto savings for the "regular" gamers. I mean if the scalpers are going to use bots and not check the price, I say **** 'em. They'd happily rip someone else off on ebay given half the chance.

I guess they would just return them, possibly after opening.

Back
Top Bottom