Forum: Is there a way to stop the 30 day verification logon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Just use a password manager lol.
Doesn’t resolve the issue with the 2fa. I don’t mind occasionally having to re-enter my credentials (or even have password expiration), but 2fa that NEEDS a mobile app is annoying, I don’t always have my phone on me.

Should at least be the option for one-time codes to be emailed to my forum account email address.

Transmission breaker
Don
Having to verify your account/logon every 30 days is kinda annoying!

You must verify your account every 30 days:
le-tired.gif

Soldato
OP
Helps keep MM safe after some recent incidents
So it's because of the Market? So all forums/accounts for all purposes are affected, for a feature most users don't use?

Why not limit the authentication to beng able to post on that section? (Ideally)

Commissario
So it's because of the Market? So all forums/accounts for all purposes are affected, for a feature most users don't use?
User security is one of our greatest concerns. How would you feel if your account was compromised, someone posted on MM posing as you and ripped off another member? Luckily, we noticed before any harm was done but protecting our members from possible scams is vital otherwise the MM (which has many, many users) would completely lose the reputation it has.

Why not limit the authentication to beng able to post on that section? (Ideally)
We looked at this, it can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom