• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FORUM MEMBER ONLY DEAL: ASUS ROG STRIX 2080Ti WITH MASSIVE DISCOUNT - CHEAPEST IN UK & IN STOCK!!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Funny looking on Nvidia's site the RRP for a 2080Ti is still $999.

I understand that's for a reference model but still, £250 extra after using $=£ for third party model is not even close to a bargain.

It’s cheapest for this particular model in UK and in stock so yes it’s a bargain.

If you want reference then buy reference but many customers want a custom card with better cooling and thus better OC potential and for that well it cost more.

As with all things you buy what you can afford but many people find it upon themselves to cry when the flagship stuff is expensive.

Simple facts are a Vega 56 for £250 will pretty much play any game with ease, there is little need to spend more. Unless you really want the best and don’t necessarily need the best just like in a car, a 1k car will get you a to b and you don’t need that 100k car that just does it faster and looks better.

There shall always be hero products and they shall always be more expensive. It’s about having options if all that was on sale was reference cards well it would be quite boring.

There is a customer for everything, today we sold an Orion X2 PC which is a £33,000 PC. :)

Soldato
It’s cheapest for this particular model in UK and in stock so yes it’s a bargain.

If you want reference then buy reference but many customers want a custom card with better cooling and thus better OC potential and for that well it cost more.

As with all things you buy what you can afford but many people find it upon themselves to cry when the flagship stuff is expensive.

Simple facts are a Vega 56 for £250 will pretty much play any game with ease, there is little need to spend more. Unless you really want the best and don’t necessarily need the best just like in a car, a 1k car will get you a to b and you don’t need that 100k car that just does it faster and looks better.

There shall always be hero products and they shall always be more expensive. It’s about having options if all that was on sale was reference cards well it would be quite boring.

There is a customer for everything, today we sold an Orion X2 PC which is a £33,000 PC. :)

Oh I don't blame you or OcUK Gibbo, it's market wide. It's just crazy to think that something 25+% over Nvidia's own RRP is a "deal".

OcUK Staff
OP
Oh I don't blame you or OcUK Gibbo, it's market wide. It's just crazy to think that something 25+% over Nvidia's own RRP is a "deal".

Of course true, but £1250 is better than £1500.

It seems the way of things, because cards have become so fast this level of performance is the general market is not required, plus lets also remember the Turing cards do cost NVIDIA more to make, as such the prices goes up, yes you could argue they could drop their margins, but less profit, equals less R&D and less future developments and right now performance gains are becoming more and more difficult simply as a ceiling has being reached, 10 years ago gains were huge, now its small jumps.

I will say it again, for the majority a 1660Ti or Vega 56 is more than ample and those are sub £300 and out perform cards such as 980Ti which cost double.

Soldato
Watched a comparison video today showing various games on the 2080ti with an intel i9 against an xbox x.

Yes, the 2080ti was better, but I expected more....much more actually.

It was a bit sharper, and I assume it was a bit smoother......meh

Associate
Watched a comparison video today showing various games on the 2080ti with an intel i9 against an xbox x.

Yes, the 2080ti was better, but I expected more....much more actually.

It was a bit sharper, and I assume it was a bit smoother......meh
They are night and day literally. It can't have been a very good video

Back
Top Bottom