Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Soldato
1GB down 18GB to go! At least its free. I estimate it will take around 2 hours to fully download maybe longer as the servers are getting hammered now more people know its downloadable! @ 100Mb it takes around 45-60 min's to fully download at current bandwidth speeds.

Last edited:
Soldato
MINIMUM SPECS - OS: 64 bit Windows 10 (v. 1511); CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz; Memory: 8 GB RAM (2 GB VRAM), GPU: Radeon R7 250X / GeForce GT 740 or equivalent; HD Space: 30 GB; DirectX 12
Forget those specs most Win 10 store games say they need 8Gb Ram but they only really need 4Gb Ram + a 6Gb VRam GPU! The specs for all released Win 10 store games so far are OTT & way more than you actually need (only the HD space is accurate). They seem to think every PC gamer has a 4K system!!

Suspended
Forget those specs most Win 10 store games say they need 8Gb Ram but they only really need 4Gb Ram + a 6Gb VRam GPU! The specs for all released Win 10 store games so far are OTT & way more than you actually need (only the HD space is accurate). They seem to think every PC gamer has a 4K system!!

I was more referring to the fact that the other guy has a 7870 and the minimum specs for the GPU are a R7 or GT 740 which are both DirectX12. The 7870 isn't so I highly doubt it will run.

Soldato
How do u specify a diff hdd for dling and install?

Start>settings>System>Storage>Saved Locations New Apps will save to, hit drop down and select.

Although, I selected my G: drive and it tells me it cant install it there. Downloading now at a poo rate, I think its now going on my C: drive for some reason. Oh Windows, why are you so retarded lol.

Associate
I was more referring to the fact that the other guy has a 7870 and the minimum specs for the GPU are a R7 or GT 740 which are both DirectX12. The 7870 isn't so I highly doubt it will run.

Game seems to run fine on my 7870,havent checked the fps yet,but did the first race and it looks and runs great.

I just let the game select the settings for now.

Just checked the graphics settings and its on medium,it wont let me go to high because not enough memory on gpu.

It also can dynamically adjust setting on the fly.

Very impressed so far.

Last edited:
Suspended
Game seems to run fine on my 7870,havent checked the fps yet,but did the first race and it looks and runs great.

I just let the game select the settings for now.

Just checked the graphics settings and its on medium,it wont let me go to high because not enough memory on gpu.

It also can dynamically adjust setting on the fly.

Very impressed so far.

Great to hear! Looking forward to playing it.

Associate
Seems to play very well at max settings but I don't think the aspect ratio is correct when using 16:10. Uses a lot of system memory though, showing over 9GB usage on a race in the rain! Also maxes out the first two cpu cores but doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Superpatsy Did you do all the Windows updates?

Soldato
Well had a go, its set me up to dynamic medium settings 1080p. Plays ok and looks nice enough but i dont think it uses ssao or hbao or whatever it is as not many shadows i could find around things.

Didnt like that i couldnt skip vids.

Cars look ok, dont like super cars tho i prefer to drive normal cars u find in the street from 80s-00s.

Didnt like the auto breaking and stuff from first race so for next race i disabled em cept auto gears. It felt like i couldnt turn worth a damn at any speed tho like the wheel wasnt turning all the way around just a bit left or a bit right. Felt really strange like a forced hard mode or somit. So yeah i dont like the handling much this was in the blue starter car u can pick erm the VW Golf R.

Top gear track is in so was nice to try that for a change, always wanted to but never a game with it i liked or could play.

So far, erm, its a bit 50 50 for me. Nice gfx, nice presentation, dont like handling as dont steer properly when u press left or right like they dont turn all the way at any speed. Cant skip cutscenes even the intro.. Points system is a turn off, id rather just drive and win races and be judged purely on that nothing else like old car games not grid and other types of gimmicks to make u play longer.

Using specs in sig and 364.72 drivers so i didnt go for the new ones for this beta. Played ok tho. Tho i did notice 1 large pause during half way of the inital race i was forced to play. Didnt get it in the next race which i did on free play on TG track.

Soldato
Looks stunning, plays very well indeed. Turn off the dynamic stuff and tune your graphic setting manually is all I can say.

Agree with most of that Skeeter. Hate that it's in Windowed Mode, can't get any overlays working to show what fps I'm hitting. And the fact I' so used to my freesync screen, this feels horrible with vsync lol.

Does anyone know where the game .exe is? I want to add custom AMD profile.

Back
Top Bottom