Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Soldato
Hmmm well thats weird.

Heres something else thats really strange. When Im racing, if I move my mouse from the bottom of the screen so the task bar hides, my fps feels like its about 30. When I move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen so the task bar shows, my fps feels like it locked at 60, it's a totally different experience. It's so weird, all im doing is showing the task bar and hiding it and the different in fps is double.

Soldato
It felt like i couldnt turn worth a damn at any speed tho like the wheel wasnt turning all the way around just a bit left or a bit right.
This sounds like something is not working properly with your input device rather than it being something to do with the handling model.

Speaking of which, the game seems to support rumble triggers with the XB1 pad. But I'm curious if it still supports rumble(of any kind) with the 360 controller. Anybody try it out yet?

Soldato
This sounds like something is not working properly with your input device rather than it being something to do with the handling model.

Speaking of which, the game seems to support rumble triggers with the XB1 pad. But I'm curious if it still supports rumble(of any kind) with the 360 controller. Anybody try it out yet?

Im just using wasd on my logitech g110

Soldato
In windows store under forza it says I need to upgrade windows aka.ms/winup
I'm on w10

Theres a few different versions of windows 10 about apparently. If you got a error and it provides a link its probably wants you to upgrade to the latest windows 10 platform version. 15xx or somit

If you go to start button (im using classic shell) then pc settings then system then about, it should tell u which version ur on, mine is 1511 for example and forza installed fine on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im just using wasd on my logitech g110
Ah ok. Ignoring that it's an absolutely terrible way to play a racing sim, I really wouldn't be surprised if that's what is causing the issue as it's not a typically well-supported input scheme. And it would also be one that Turn 10 have never implemented before. Forza games also use a sort of steering assist to smooth out left/right steering inputs, which is useful for people using analog sticks as it's hard to finely modulate steering using such a small window of operation. So this might not be playing well with on/off steering inputs like you have using keys.

So does this support thrustmaster t150?
Wheel support is coming later.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Theres a few different versions of windows 10 about apparently. If you got a error and it provides a link its probably wants you to upgrade to the latest windows 10 platform version. 15xx or somit

If you go to start button (im using classic shell) then pc settings then system then about, it should tell u which version ur on, mine is 1511 for example and forza installed fine on it.

I have the same issue but my one only says Windows 10 Pro. Running the Windows download anyway to see if this upgrade works anyway.

Soldato
Good effort from MS + Turn 10. Looks pretty good @ 4K. Needs a monster PC for max details though I can only run it in High @4K. GTX 980 Ti 6Gb VRam is not enough for max apparently!! As expected only needs 6Gb System Ram to run as long as you have a 6Gb VRam GPU.

Reminds me a lot of Project Gotham 3 + 4 from the Xbox360 days :D

Soldato
Guy on reddit is running this on a GTX 580, but my card won't? I don't understand. Didn't think a 580 had the DX12 support needed, it's not that far ahead of my card.

@Above, Fraps?

Soldato
CTD on my second race, but it does look and run pretty well so far. I much prefer Gran Turismo though. Unless its just this cut down version, but there doesen't seem to be much freedom to choose what races you do and tune the cars etc. Not impressed so far.

Soldato
took a few with my camera until i figure out a program that works with the game...think its going to be a problem as the game runs in window mode and DX12. Will get some race shots in a bit

26564815570_cb7d94a564_b.jpg

26233013963_a8137331a9_b.jpg

I'm in car heaven

26744442832_e429903a54_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom