Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Associate
I'm liking this although I can just manage medium settings on everything except have track detail on high,still looks great though and plays well,looks better than the xbone on medium settings I think :)

just wish there was a way to get shadowplay to work so I can record vids for my youtube channel and see the fps counter so could get the settings spot on.

OH am I blind or is there NO online multiplayer for this?

Soldato
Really crappy how this has no ultrawide support or option for over 60fps, also on abu dabi night it stutters on a 980ti + 4690k.

Game itself is ok, not as good as project cars and assetto corsa, also no wheel support is bad, but the impulse triggers support is good on the xbox controller.

I would be more likely to play this if a) ultrawide b) over 60fps c) performance did not have problems

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a ultrawide 1440p but max i can set is resolution of 1920 x1200 . I know it currently don't do 21.9 but I can't seen to select 2560 x 1440p ? Am I missing something. Thanks. Looks very nice and is very arcadey (easy)

Suspended
It's absolutely stunning it really is, I'm running Ultra everything at 1440p it's smooth as butter. Gotta say I'm incredibly impressed with it.

Unable to take screenshots as msiab does not work with this game.

lol and there you was saying just earlier it will be disappointing and don't expect much.

You know what they say about assumptions ;)

Associate
Runs at 4k without any noticeable issues here and it's forza :) played a bit on the xbox one and this feels exactly the same, not much longevity I think in this but the next full release, I can't wait.

Caporegime
Really crappy how this has no ultrawide support or option for over 60fps, also on abu dabi night it stutters on a 980ti + 4690k.

Game itself is ok, not as good as project cars and assetto corsa, also no wheel support is bad, but the impulse triggers support is good on the xbox controller.

I would be more likely to play this if a) ultrawide b) over 60fps c) performance did not have problems

I know right! It's like its an early beta or something!? Pfff.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I doubt they will add ultra wide support at release... Or unlocked framerates. Why release an 18GB beta for gamers to test it fully on their systems of the full range of systems aren't even supported...

Caporegime
Yes it is....

...it's as if its a BETA!

It's a racing game that doesn't even support wheels! If you think that this is it, it's finished, this is all its ever going to support, your an idiot.

They even tell you some of the features that are yet to come. Has anyone even bothered to ask if frame rate caps or other resolution changes are coming? Is there a feedback channel?

Last edited:
Soldato
But, why release a game now that has none of the features for people to test with their system as something for people to download and test on their system. Then declare they'll add them in a few months time. :confused:

I'll happily continue on Forza 6 till they add the stuff we all want. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Your aware of what a beta is, right?

Seriously guys, think about it. We all want Forza 7 on PC. Microsoft have released a first beta of a free stripped down version of FM6 that opens the door to full Forza in the future. We need to be supporting this! ****ging it off for not being a complete game, not supporting every possible resolution, not supporting ever possible hardware, etc is just stupid. If that all the feedback Microsoft are going to get on something they are openly stating is a cut down beta then they might simply decide to not bother with FM7 on PC.

I mean look, they could have gone down the GT Prologue route and charged you £20 for a Demo! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Gameplay additions, physics and whatever else sure, but missing uwa support, ganepad support and framerate control... These are major omissions for a PC game, beta or not. Other beta games have these. Ultra wide makes a racing game far far more enjoyable so I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been a part of development.

Caporegime
Gameplay additions, physics and whatever else sure, but missing uwa support, ganepad support and framerate control... These are major omissions for a PC game, beta or not. Other beta games have these. Ultra wide makes a racing game far far more enjoyable so I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't been a part of development.

Forza isn't a PC game.

In 8 releases Fozra has never once has to consider any more than 1 controller/wheel profile, one hardware profile, a couple of aspect ratios and a handful of resolutions at a time.

It also free, so isn't going to have a whole team of dedicated developers thrown at it to make it a fully fledged racing game.

Soldato
You need to make sure you separate it from the AC and PCARS of this world.

Forza is a wonderful achievement in its own right and APEX is a brilliant game already despite being BETA still (my opinion don't get angry please) it feels just like you would want Forza to do (I still play 4 on my 360 now)

Back
Top Bottom