Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Caporegime
Not really. They are already well down that path. Quantum Break, Gears of War, Tomb Raider, all full games available on the Windows Store already.

Soldato
Theres a few different versions of windows 10 about apparently. If you got a error and it provides a link its probably wants you to upgrade to the latest windows 10 platform version. 15xx or somit

If you go to start button (im using classic shell) then pc settings then system then about, it should tell u which version ur on, mine is 1511 for example and forza installed fine on it.

You need windows 10 version 1511 to download on the store,for some reason windows update doesnt upgrade everyones windows 10 to 1511.

I had to download the latest version from microsoft and use the upgrade option,to fix windows.

Guide on this site http://www.groovypost.com/howto/ins...ber-update-1511-manually-media-creation-tool/

Well I ran the link it gave me, it downloaded a new version of windows and took the computer off to install, then a blue repair screen popped up. It appears to have wiped my current windows off and all my backups. Cheers Windows store, now to install everything on my system all over again. Nice :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Associate
Well I really like it :) Never played a Forza game before because I have never owned an XBox and its damned decent.

As a beta its mightly impressive that it is so smooth, so stable and just so luscious looking. Nice to just throw in an XBox controller and have a spin. Brands Hatch in the wet is glorious.

I'm sold as it is, wheel support will be nice but I have Asseto Corsa if I wanna get all "simmy". This has a good balance of drivability with a pad and respectable car physics which makes it much more of a pick up and play game than having to set up the driving station first.

I have noticed that Spa Franchorchamps seems ridiculously quick in the Mclaren P1. I'm usually a master on that track having banged around it time and time again in every game since Grand Prix 3 but I just cant get the cut into Pouhon quite right...

Caporegime
My issue at the moment is the bonnets are too dam shiny! I like bonnet cam as it gives a more high up view than bumper cam, but the reflections off the bonnet mess with my eyes and make me feel like the car is doing different things than it is. Plus, on some of the cars it takes up half the bloody screen!

Associate
Oh totally agree there Skeeter, I cant play bonnet cam you have no idea which way the car is pointing. I play bumper cam, which is a bit low.

Soldato
Spa in the rain in the default Ferrari 258 is fun, love how the puddles pull the in, can just about do a sub 3 minute lap in practice after a few laps IIRC.

The default Chevvy Corvette C7 on a dry Spa was quite tricky to do a quick lap, best I've managed is ~2mins30secs, nearly 10 sconds off my pCARS time.

Keyboard control with cockpit view is ok, but I would much rather have my Fanatec wheel and pedals working.

Soldato
Only managed to play 30 mins of it last night, I ended up re building a mates PC.

The tutorial race is naughty with the auto braking and auto steering??? I pushed the stick on my Xbox controller left it either didn't turn left or it actually turned right xD.

Luckily turning all assists off at the end fixed that issue :)

And for some reason the game tells me my system is not up to scratch to run ultra at 1080p, ok pal ill just throw my 980 and OC'd 3770k in the bin.

Caporegime
Yeah that auto everything in the intro race is annoying, because my first impression of the game was "OMG this is ****!", before I realized what it was doing.

Underboss
Looking forward to trying this tonight.

The day we get a full fat Forza, with MP, upgrades, livery and glorious 4k alongside wheel support and unlocked frames will be the day I take off work to play all day.

I like racing games but am much more a Forza arcadie fan than a sim racing fan.

Can't wait for wheel support. My T150 has been gathering dust recently.

Back
Top Bottom