Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Well, that's not normal.

I found the advanced install features in the xbox insider build have improved stability a lot. I had a hunch the virtual filesystem MS were using was causing a bottleneck as i was seeing some crazy high cpu usage by the filesystem when the game was loading assets and i believed that was a big contributor to the low streaming bandwidth issues i was having. The advanced install features does away with that filesystem and installs the game in a regular folder and i've had next to no issues now and filesystem cpu usage is gone. That's not a coincidence.

So yeah, if anyone else is having low stream bandwidth issues, right click the game in the xbox >> manage >> enable advanced install. It might help.

sidenote: this also fixes me having to allow the game through the firewall every other launch as it no longer mounts the game in some new pretend folder that the firewall doesnt recognise. It also means soundmixer now remembers my app volume settings for the game.
I just did the insider thing and now its installed in a normal folder. Its stopped the optimizing every load but the net code is still broken. The game runs fine but its boring without all the other players doing the pink circle things, I will try it again after the first DLC drops.

Soldato
I think the online issues hurt this one at launch most, I'm gonna get the achievements done and as many accolades as I can, it's just my go to game to chill now. Still got 2 expansion packs to look forward to :D

Soldato
Anyone know how you can team up with a friend for a tour? I'm sure i've played several horizon tours where people have the same clan tags in the user name, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Man that buggy and the beast is bloody infuriating to complete for the rivals clean lap they keep hitting me and av had enough of wasting my time. Far cry 6 here I come.

Caporegime
Has a recent update changed the FPS options? I remember being able to choose 120 or 144 in FPS before, but now I can only go as high as 77 or unlocked (which is all over the shop).

Ree

Ree

Associate
Yeah its showing as 165. Is it maybe a setting making you run at half refresh rate.

18b876a8f728f67bd25629a7ee32d661.jpg

Caporegime
Thanks, I have been greeted with an 'optimizing for PC' message twice in the last month or so. Assume they're updates, will have a proper look at settings as I could usually get 90+ when set to 120/144.

However I did just have a 3070FE turn up, time to crank those settings up :D

Edit - 144 now back with the 3070 and it's running at that speed for the 30 seconds I played.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Turn on DLDSR it's well worth it imo. Made quite a few of my games look much better.
Thanks, I have it enabled in nVidia control panel with x2 and x4 selected. I must admit, I'm still a little confused with all of this. I had something similar with my Vega 56 where I could run at a higher resolution than my native 1440p but didn't use it, as it always crashed when used. So with DLDSR, do I select a higher resolution in-game? And what about a game that does both DLDSR and DLSS, should 1 be used in preference to the other? Haven't even got round to trying RT yet :D.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Thanks, I have it enabled in nVidia control panel with x2 and x4 selected. I must admit, I'm still a little confused with all of this. I had something similar with my Vega 56 where I could run at a higher resolution than my native 1440p but didn't use it, as it always crashed when used. So with DLDSR, do I select a higher resolution in-game? And what about a game that does both DLDSR and DLSS, should 1 be used in preference to the other? Haven't even got round to trying RT yet :D.

I just have it set to 2.25xDL with 33% smoothness which I think was a default setting. Am 1440P too and I select 4K (3840x2160) in game. Everything looks so much nicer. I know very little about it btw.. but it does look better than native 1440P.

Caporegime
I just have it set to 2.25xDL with 33% smoothness which I think was a default setting. Am 1440P too and I select 4K (3840x2160) in game. Everything looks so much nicer. I know very little about it btw.. but it does look better than native 1440P.
Thank you, I just experienced it for the first time in Halo Infinite. It looked so crispy!! I'll up it to 4K in Forza when I next load it up.

Soldato
Weekly trials do my head in, its against unbeatable ai, so please any noobs, if you team is winning don't try and bash past team mates, just hold position or you'll just cost everyone the race if you take out your teammates!

Caporegime
This upgrade to a 3070 really isn't going that well :p. And this game seems quite buggy to me. The minor stuff being the stuttering when the car is on stage and that my settings seem to change by themselves (FPS). But after my upgrade everything has got worse and another bug that happened rarely is happening every play, every 30 seconds with my current playthrough. The FPS completely tanks and sometimes by Xbox controller/BT disconnects, the only solution being pulling the batteries out of my controller and reconnecting which restores the FPS.

I don't seem to be the only one either....

Caporegime
Weekly trials do my head in, its against unbeatable ai, so please any noobs, if you team is winning don't try and bash past team mates, just hold position or you'll just cost everyone the race if you take out your teammates!

It's amazing how many people still don't get this, months after release. If I'm third but clearly quicker than second, with our team 1 and 2 I stay back and keep the AI at bay.

Morons on the other hand will literally try and T bone me out of first place and screw the team.

Back
Top Bottom