Fox news host hasn't washed hands in 10 years!

Soldato
Sensationalist headline anyway. Does that mean he hasn't washed at all in 10 years? As they would get washed when he took a bath/shower so it's not really true is it.

Soldato
He's lying and joking surely, but as someone from Fox News, he should had known better, that will haunt him forever and the disinformation will be shared by the crazy left forever but it reminds me of Bre Payton who died at 26 because she was against vaccines.

He was joking.

Mr Hegseth later told USA Today that his remarks were intended to be a joke.

"We live in a society where people walk around with bottles of Purell (a hand sanitiser) in their pockets, and they sanitise 19,000 times a day as if that's going to save their life," he said.

"I take care of myself and all that, but I don't obsess over everything all the time."

Of the public reaction, he said it was ridiculous how people took things so "literally and seriously" so that their "heads explode".

I see striderx went all tin foil hat alt-left wing mouth frothing fascist again.....

Soldato
I travel by tube and regularly touch the handrails whilst descending the stairs. I still wash my hands out of respect for others but, let's face it, I'm already dead.
Well yes. Any Londoner should be able to ascend and descend the stairs/escalators without touching anything. The only acceptable thing to touch on the underground is the train handrail when absolutely necessary. If there's a wall to lean against then use that instead.

God, sometimes you see people holding the handrail and eating. Yeurgh!

Man of Honour
Naturally, i wash my hands quite often as a chef, however, i am a strong believer in what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Think about it, we are the only species that wash using soap / sanitiser! Dogs don't, cats don't, literally any other mammal doesn't, they don't think twice about eating off the floor, licking their balls (then licking you!), sure, they occasionally get sick, but nowhere near as much as we do! Nor does it last as long as it does with us.

Nor do they live very long in the wild, where they frequently die from infection by germs or parasites. Also, many mammals have a far more robust digestive system than humans. Would you eat a raw dead rat? A cat can, no problem. Their digestive system will kill almost anything in whatever they eat. Humans are great generalists, but generalism has its own drawbacks. Also, other mammals don't live with anything like the population density that we do, so that makes them far less at risk from contagious diseases than we are.

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is just plain wrong. There are a multitude of things that weaken you without killing you. Here's one example I happened to read about recently, but there are many, many more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-Ebola_virus_syndrome

It's also wrong for many things other than diseases. You've probably heard of PTSD, for example.

Permabanned
Used to not wash/sanitise my hands (except during showers and handling clearly filthy stuff) up till my teens. Then I finally worked out that it was one of the reasons I got sick so often, and now I clean them several times a day, basically before/after food, loo, etc. Including during the 1 or 2 showers, I probably clean my hands around 10 times a day.

Soldato
I have not washed my hands in years washing my hair and washing dishes everyday does the job. Sometimes I do if doing work or after a meal but then I usually get a bath or shower later on.

Not washed my face in over 30 years with soap, I have swilled it but no soap and have never had a spot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have not washed my hands in years washing my hair and washing dishes everyday does the job. Sometimes I do if doing work or after a meal but then I usually get a bath or shower later on.

Not washed my face in over 30 years with soap, I have swilled it but no soap and have never had a spot.

Appropriate username :D

I wash my hands all the time at work as lots of the equipment I touch is dusty to the max and especially before lunch.

Soldato
Appropriate username :D

I wash my hands all the time at work as lots of the equipment I touch is dusty to the max and especially before lunch.

You have to depending on your work. I have fixing computers and you get that tim **** on your hands. Oil is a killer and so is gloss paint.

It all depends on what you do but in general I don't wash my hands every time I go the toilet.

Soldato
You've probably heard of PTSD, for example.

PTSD is an interesting one. It is a much more complex issue than simply being a psychological reaction to stress.

It is heavily influenced by cultural expectations, The symptoms of PTSD are not something fundamental, they are largely down to what wider society expects them to be.

It certainly exited in the past, but was probabally quite rare. It only really became an issue with the emergence of "Shell Shock" in WW1. where the constant threat of imminent death over periods of months or even years (Which was a new thing in the format of War really) certainly badly affected some people. Most however were not so badly affected, which is why initially at least, it was simply dismissed as "Lack of Moral fibre"

FF 100 years and we now have a whole "Counseling industry" dedicated to trying to convince people who have survived life/death situations that they should have shakes/nightmares/whatever and that there is something wrong with them if they dont.

The truth of the situation is of course somewhere in the middle, There will always some people who will suffer badly after life threatening experiences. and they will certainly benefit from some sort of help. However, I also think that most people, will not suffer badly and will get over it all on their own provided they are not continually being pestered by professionals trying to convince them about how bad they must feel.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I wash my hands about 10 times a day. Probably why my knuckles get so dry in the winter and I need to put Vaseline on them.

Caporegime
PTSD is an interesting one. It is a much more complex issue than simply being a psychological reaction to stress.

It is heavily influenced by cultural expectations, The symptoms of PTSD are not something fundamental, they are largely down to what wider society expects them to be.

It certainly exited in the past, but was probabally quite rare. It only really became an issue with the emergence of "Shell Shock" in WW1. where the constant threat of imminent death over periods of months or even years (Which was a new thing in the format of War really) certainly badly affected some people. Most however were not so badly affected, which is why initially at least, it was simply dismissed as "Lack of Moral fibre"

FF 100 years and we now have a whole "Counseling industry" dedicated to trying to convince people who have survived life/death situations that they should have shakes/nightmares/whatever and that there is something wrong with them if they dont.

The truth of the situation is of course somewhere in the middle, There will always some people who will suffer badly after life threatening experiences. and they will certainly benefit from some sort of help. However, I also think that most people, will not suffer badly and will get over it all on their own provided they are not continually being pestered by professionals trying to convince them about how bad they must feel.

Are you a certified clinical psychologist to make these remarks, i don't see any citations for this bag of ***** to imply you're learned in this field.

Soldato
Well yes. Any Londoner should be able to ascend and descend the stairs/escalators without touching anything. The only acceptable thing to touch on the underground is the train handrail when absolutely necessary. If there's a wall to lean against then use that instead.

God, sometimes you see people holding the handrail and eating. Yeurgh!

It's been a while since I played but I'm pretty sure that's how Resident Evil started.

Back
Top Bottom