FOXCONN Launches BLACKOPS

Caporegime
Clicky

blackops.jpg

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
We will be getting the majority of the U.K. stock of these...they are not due for a few more weeks though...

exact pricing hasnt been confirmed but I hope to get a sample a couple of weeks before we get the stock so that I can find out for myself if they live up to all the hype that has been going around...

I've said on a couple of occasions that Foxconn have some of the highest manufacturing quality levels on the market and they put many better known brands to shame on that front...

Foxconn is by far the largest contract manufacturer of electronics worldwide. Apart from the obvious cases, motherboards, graphics cards etc, Foxconn is the OEM for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Wii....Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson mobile phones...iPod nanos, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs and the iPhone...

They are probably big enough to buy Asus without even breaking a sweat :p

Soldato
From Wikipedia:

Foxconn

Revenue ▲$40.6 billion USD (2006)
Operating income ▲$1.5 billion USD (2005)
Net income ▲$1.3 billion USD (2005)
Employees 200,000+

Asus

Revenue ▲ NT$541.8 Billion (2006)
(US$16.5 Billion)

Employees 97,000

Yeah, Foxconn are Much bigger. Double the amount of employee's and over double the revenue

Associate
Please tell me the barbs are 1/2" by design and not some crap adapter mod?

edit: I mean the 1/2 is the original hole and 3/8 is the mod

Permabanned
Asus are the biggest Tier 1 Mobo Manu in the world. (make the most branded by them).

Foxcon make a lot of OEM and were under scrutiny for what can only be classes as "Slave Labour", hense large profits.

(Remember they made he 1st batch of the 8800GT's as Nvidia's primary partner was busy with other jobs).

Associate
For some reason people over at XS do not like Foxccon, and some say that Foxccon tech support is very bad and they don't want to talk "overclocking" even tho this board is supposed to be an oveclockers tool.

They also mention about Foxccon refusing honoring any warranty if you use the boards other than "retail".

I assume an "ethusiasts" board with a huge price tag should have some sort of overvolting tolerance and the manufacturer should be confident enough to apply a few years warranty on it.

Permabanned
For some reason people over at XS do not like Foxccon, and some say that Foxccon tech support is very bad and they don't want to talk "overclocking" even tho this board is supposed to be an oveclockers tool.

They also mention about Foxccon refusing honoring any warranty if you use the boards other than "retail".

I assume an "ethusiasts" board with a huge price tag should have some sort of overvolting tolerance and the manufacturer should be confident enough to apply a few years warranty on it.

Foxconns US support is extreamly poor, Its much much better in europe.

Back
Top Bottom