Fractal Arc Midi positive airflow

Associate
with a noctua nh-d14 cpu cooler, what would you guys recommend as a +ve fan config? as of now it's:

front intake: ty-140 on the upper slot with hdd cage removed, and fractal fan on lower slot, cooling hdds
bottom intake: fractal fan
top (over optical bays) intake: fractal fan (to send more air to the nh-d14
rear exhaust: ty-140

problems:
4 intakes vs 1 exhaust (the exhaust fan would be slower than the combined force of the noctua and intake fans, and cause an obstruction (?))
the top and bottom fans go against each other (maybe? i'd think not since the top fan has a drive mount in the way, so the air just kind of has nowhere to go but through the noctua)
the bottom fan probably won't fit because of my 180mm power supply

could anyone suggest a better +ve airflow configuration? a different number/type of fans is ok too (within reason). i don't want the noctua to be obstructed, or for their airflow to be disrupted. and probably bottom mounted fan won't be possible because of the psu.

another thing might be 2 ty-140 as front intakes, and 2 fractal fans in the top-back and rear slots as exhaust, with one on the side-panel cooling the gpu. but i don't like that either. side fan means i have to get an expensive 180mm dust filter from somewhere. also messes up cpu cooling (??). and the top exhaust also messes up nh-d14 airflow (??) don't know. lots of options.

how about moving the bottom intake from the original config and sticking it in the top-rear as exhaust?

thanks for reading. thoughts? all replies are appreciated :)

Associate
OP
hi again, thanks for responding :)

haha i'm lazy, so i'd rather clean less often.

so, since i can't use the bottom mounted fan, you're saying the ty-140s in the front, and the default fans as 1xrear and 2xtop exhausts? will it not impede the natural flow of the nh-d14?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom