fractal design define r5 side panel

Associate
hi guys I have had the r5 case for over a year now and now I have moved my desk around I now have the r5 in full view so I would like to stick the window side panel on to give it some eye candy but upon searching the internet it seams they are hard to come by now,
any suggestions ?

Soldato
You can source them in the UK but they're usually extremely overpriced(and/or from a source you'd not have the most confidence using). Whilst it's still not as cheap as would be preferable, the Fractal Spare Parts store does ship to the UK, you'll just have to foot the shipping costs. That said, it'll still work out cheaper to use Fractal and have it shipped over(35 euros, about £31). If you need a black panel however, Fractal are out of stock currently, so you might have to wait a little while for more stock. I'm sure they could give you an estimate on when they expect to have some if you sling them over an email.

Soldato
Another alternative and i know this is probably pretty unlikely, is finding another R5 owner who doesn't care for having a window(but has one) and will do a straight swap with you. £31 inclusive of delivery isn't too bad though, probably about £10 more(give or a take a few quid) then you'd pay buying them at original pricing with delivery on top. You will need to speak to Fractal and check if they expect to stock it again, else you might be sat waiting indefinitely for stock that's never coming, as it's technically an end-of-life item now.

In my experience, whilst responses aren't instant, they do get back to you with an answer.

Associate
The best option I can think of at the moment is to buy a new case from the bay, swap the side, then sell the case again on the bay. Right now you can get the cases with clear panels for about £60 incl postage which means you shouldn't really make much of a loss.

Back
Top Bottom