• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fraps will open, whats a good alternative?

Soldato
As title. For some reason, fraps has suddenly decided to not work at ll, won';t open, nothing. I've tried all sorts of things and still no joy, so whats a good alternative. All I need is a frame counter, nothing else.
The frame counter in steam works fine, but the one in origin won't work at all, so a standalone option would be nice. Oh and one thats nice and big so easily readable.
Cheers

Man of Honour
If you just want to monitor FPS then Afterburner as above.

Some of the programs that do an FPS counter and video recording have a small FPS impact even when not recording if recording is in standby :(

Soldato
But that means GeForce Experience :( which is rapidly turning into a pile of excrement.

Open Broadcaster PRoject, can take advantage of Nvenc and AMD VCE.
Or you can try the more funded but based on OBS, StreamLabs OBS.

Both of them are streaming applications but you can perform full screen capture and save video locally etc.

Soldato
OP
As title.

Thats what you want isn't it ?

:p

Yep, thanks all for the info, afterburner works fine, though I did notice something, when playing crysis3 I noticed the temps shown above the framerates in afterburner were indicating 98c! I check again while running wattman and gpu-z to monitor temps and they were showing 77c so I think theres abit of disparity there, but at least the I can now see the ingame framerates, cheers guys

Permabanned
The monitor fps counter is handy for that, Just to see where the fps is and what needs to go down to get 60 or 144fps.Then just turn it off no resources used.

Soldato
If your happy with steam just add non steam games to steam to use steams overlay for fps counter and screenshot capture storing etc, might be the odd game that wont launch that way but most should i would imagine.

Back
Top Bottom