Free distilled water

Associate
Shortly going to build my first water cooled PC. I have a Beko condenser tumble dryer and was going to use the waste water as the coolant. Any reason not to? I take it that it will be just as pure as bought distilled water.

Associate
apart from the detritis that is very likely to be in it unless the filter is the best filter ever used in a tumble dryer which as it is a Beko, which is a budget line, is very unlikely:D

Associate
Its the bits of fluff and stuff that get mixed in that are the problem.

I had the same idea but soon gave up , the microchannels in GPU blocks are so small that anything will block them, not worth the risk :(

Man of Honour
I'd just buy something with an additive in it - if you are going to go water cooled do it properly :p

I find it funny when people spend £100s on watercooling gear and then quibble over a few quid for proper coolant.

Soldato
Jeez, you can get big 5 litre bottles of deionised from Tescos for a fiver, or for a bit extra just get some Mayhems Ultra Pure! I don't understand the reluctance to spend a few extra quid when you've no doubt already spent hundreds on your loop?? :rolleyes:

Soldato
How about wiping the sweat from your hamsters brow whilst the hamster is on the treadmill, squeezing the cloth into a pot, then using the same hamster on a treadmill with a generator to boil the water then let that condense and then collect that for the watercooling setup?

Back
Top Bottom