Free software for external HDD / flash drive data recovery/restoration following damage/corruption

Associate
I recently used Rufus software to download W7 to a USB stick but during my attempts rufus chose my still connected external hard disk for formatting (I think?) and downloading to. I noticed that just as it was starting the procedure and stopped it. Have n´t a clue why it chose the Hard disk and not the stick. Unfortunately after that I could no longer use my external hard disk and read data from it. The computer just wants me to completely re-format it which I certainly am not going to do with so much valuable data on it. I recently discovered two commercial software companies that let you test their software free and recover a small amount of data to demonstrate it works. It did. I used easeUS and Disk Drill. Both cost approximately € 80 to get a full recovery of my data. Can anyone tell me if there is any completely free software I can download and use? I rather doubt it as why should a company just give away software to everyone free?

Back
Top Bottom