Free video editing software for old Go Pro Hero?

Man of Honour
I was given an old Hero to try out on my bike, and managed (after a bit of faffing) to get some footage from the ride. The files are MP4 and huge, however. It's about 12gb in total, but I only want to extract a small amount. What sotware would you recommend?

Associate
Cheers that worked a treat. The only thing now, is the files once edited are still large. 936MB to be precise. Is there any way I can convert that down, so that I can stream/post it on facebook etc?

Compress in Handbrake to h.264.

Dial in around 6mbps (6000kbps), let it run and see what you think on size Vs picture quality.

If happy, then great. If not, then just dial up or down by 1mbps, run again and see.

Associate
Imovie is a good option for compressing mp4 https://create.vista.com/colors/color-names/lawn-green/ . But I'd go with movavi, it is simply faster. And I've already linked their website. Just go to another section and download it. Should help you.
Compressing goes faster, when you have more perfomance hardware. Program doesn't matter. For my needs, I'd preferred davinci, for professioonal work, for newbies my advice starts with another software

Back
Top Bottom