FreeNAS Noob - Q about Shares and Folders

Associate
Hi all

Have a quick one question about FreeNAS and setting it up.

I have it all installed and running. I have 4tb as RAID10 (So 2x 2 Raid1 2tb disks).

What I'm trying to do is define a folder structure and create shares. I can't see anyway to do it in the webGUI. When I go to create share and I hit the path option, I only get the root folder. See here:

Screenshot2011-02-12at190748.png

Now what's the best way to create folders that I want to share? The only way I've found so far is to go in via FTP and make folders with HPNAS, and not at the same level.

Is this the best way to do it? I'm not that confident with terminal, command prompt or SSH at the moment, so if there is an nice straight forward way I'd be pleased to hear about it!

Associate
Same here m8, know naff about linux,freenas but found a video on youtube which helped me set up several folder shares.

If you have folders inside HPNAS than you would need to double click "HPNAS" which than should list the folders.

take a look at the vid, i'm sure it will make things easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqGHKKIK48

Associate
FreeNAS is *nix not Linux. It's based on BSD.

Have you tried doing it just through the samba shares in explorer. It looks like you're using MAC but in Windows you just go to \\serverip and the shares come up - you may know the way to do this in OSX.

Back
Top Bottom