Freezing in certain games, possible ethernet issue.

Associate
Hey folks, I’ve had an issue for a few years that’s driving me nuts, in three different racing sims, specifically Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 1+2 and now WRC 8, at certain points the game will freeze for a second or two then fast forward to catch up to itself. Never seen an issues like this in any other types of games.

Now I’ve had no idea what’s causing it up to now, but I just had it happen again and at the same time my TV that the PC is connected to showed a banner asking if I wanted to use the ethernet connection to connect to the internet, so I can only assume it’s dropping the connection and then seeing it again at that time. Now it might be a massive coincidence it happened exactly as the freeze occurred but I have to wonder if something going on with the ethernet connection either on the PC or the TV or both that’s making it happen.

Going to try disconnecting the TV Ethernet and see if that does anything.

Anyone got any ideas about this?

Cheers.

Soldato
Are you using the onboard Ethernet port or a third party one? Latest drives for Ethernet and BIOS for motherboard?

Assuming you're using the system in your sig, I can't see how any of those games are going to tax your PC! What broadband connection do you have? It might be quite busy at certain times and that's where the freezing is coming from? Not so much the Ethernet connection but the service you're getting.

Soldato
Try disabling the Ethernet when you next play one of the games and see if that changes things? If it does, proof that it is the Ethernet somehow. If not, it's something else.

Back
Top Bottom