Poll: French Grand Prix 2019, Paul Ricard - Race 8/21

Rate the 2019 worst race of the year out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Vettel in Canada did have control when he got back to the track so fia are being consistent with there punishment with Ricciardo

I'm saying Ricciardo was way worse than Vettel. He should have known there is little to explain barging onto Norris like that. Perez got in trouble and that was only for gaining places rather than reentering unsafely. So Ricciardo should have gone round off track and come in behind Norris (if Norris was still there).

Vettel did not have control over the angle he was going to enter the track, and the only other option available to him was slamming on the brakes.

Caporegime
So, in the hopes of salvaging some interest from that bore fest, who stood out today? Hamilton was metronomic, Bottas didn't stuff it up, Leclerc landed another podium, Max didn't crash into anyone - again! - and Vettel salvaged a few points after a thoroughly mediocre race weekend. So far, so *yawn*, but then you have Norris doing a fantastic job with broken machinery and solid performances from Sainz and Hulkenburg. I can't decide whether Raikkonen is just that good or whether his still pointless teammate is just that bad but I get the impression Kimi is a lot happier this season than he was coining it in at Ferrari. Ricciardo stuffed up an actually pretty good race day in about 20 seconds of madness - even if that was the most entertaining 20 seconds of the race - so I'm not sure whether to rate this as a good day or bad. Gasly lucked into a undeserved point; he's got to be competing with Giovanni for most outclassed-by-his-teammate.

Soldato
Sainz was probably driver of the day. Better of the 2 Mclarens. Was comfortably ahead of Norris even before his problems.

Hamilton was obviously having a perfect race, but there is no value on pointing that out these days.

Caporegime
Enjoyed the race highlights. Being a Renault supporter there was lots of action. Nice to see them up with mclaren. DR did deserve the penalty at the end. They both had poor starts.

Love hearing RG moaning. Haas have nose dived.

Gasly needs to go!

Race up front is dull as ever.

Enjoyed C4 coverage as ever

Would agree sainz driver of the weekend

Soldato
Oh and 3/10 from me. Sainz did a great job but I'd personally give Norris DOTW, it's his first year in F1 and he's doing a solid, if not impressive job inside and outside the car.

Associate
Although I think the point for fastest lap shouldn't exist, Mercedes messed up by telling Hamilton to not bother to push for it on last lap. In the end, Hamilton just lost out on the bonus point by the smallest of margins.

Man of Honour
Although I think the point for fastest lap shouldn't exist, Mercedes messed up by telling Hamilton to not bother to push for it on last lap. In the end, Hamilton just lost out on the bonus point by the smallest of margins.

Very true, he easily could have had that. Not that it really matters in the scheme of things.

Man of Honour

He pretty much ignored them and went for it anyway. I believe he actually got them to almost agree in the end. He missed out by 0.024

On 29 lap old hard tyres, against fresh soft tyres on the Ferrari. Was not an impressive display.

Vettel was 0.15s up in S1, 0.2s down in S2 and 0.08s up in S3.

Soldato
The best thing about F1 these days for me....

1. Saving money not subbing to SkySports F1.
2. The 5-10 minute summary of the race on youtube that appears later in the day that now saves me hours of viewing time :)

Associate
He pretty much ignored them and went for it anyway. I believe he actually got them to almost agree in the end. He missed out by 0.024

On 29 lap old hard tyres, against fresh soft tyres on the Ferrari. Was not an impressive display.

Vettel was 0.15s up in S1, 0.2s down in S2 and 0.08s up in S3.
I don't really think Hamilton was truly going for fastest lap on final lap, otherwise he wouldn't have moved across to the right-hand side of the track to cross the line.

But yeah, either way, very unimpressive final lap by Vettel. Maybe he was held up?

Back
Top Bottom