1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French immigration "The politically correct have caused too much havoc in this country."

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Lord-Jaffa, Jan 21, 2019.

1. At The Gates

Wise Guy

Maybe if you want British nurses don't make them pay 9000 a year for tuition fees to go into a job which most people consider barely a thankless task on 22k a year.

2. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

You've kind of answered you're own question too. This country cannot sustain more people coming to it under the current situation which you just pointed out in your answer too.

Whether the country can genuinely afford more migrants OR the government is making political and bad fiscal for the people then the outcome is the same i.e. more people will be unsustainable until we see the books and see is there really more money in the purse.

3. neviditelny

Hitman

Not to mention the stress the nurses will be under at work, the huge amount of nurses lacking. I had the offer to progress from a Health Care Assistant in the NHS and doing a total of 4 years training while working to become a Registered Nurse but I declined as I don't see the reason for it with how the NHS is being treated at the moment (and I don't see any improvements coming either).

4. Nasher

Capodecina

The working conditions are still a lot better than some of the countries people are coming from though. Which is why they are still coming.

5. neviditelny

Hitman

If you are talking about nurses coming to the UK then it is mostly non-European nurses coming now, the numbers from EU countries have dropped pretty drastically

6. Nasher

Capodecina

That is mostly because things are improving in countries like Poland. People are slowly going back and are being encouraged to because the workforce was dangerously thin.

7. neviditelny

Hitman

To be fair, since I started in NHS we have had a lot more nurses coming from Spain, Portugal and Italy than anywhere else and even they won't be coming over at the moment.

8. FishFluff

Mobster

It’s almost as if being a member of the EU raises the quality of life in that country over time due to sharing resources, which in turn benefits everyone.

9. platypus

Caporegime

No.