French Open Tennis 2018

Man of Honour
Cameron Norrie through in the first round though as his opponent retires - at this rate if you get selected to play him in the first round of one of the slams you might start to worry.

Wozniacki is in a tough match against Collins at the moment although she's playing better in the second set or perhaps Collins is playing that bit worse.

Permabanned
Will anyone?

Well, it depends but Djokovic, Zverev and Dimitrov are good enough to make it happen.

Let's see.

Nope... see you all next year. :p

Why do you think so?

What disturbes me, is the horrible fall in Djokovic's condition and overall motivation. Something very bad happened in his personal life which destroyed everything.
It is like his wife said to not support him in the sport any longer?! :eek:

Soldato
OP
Roger Federer, supposedly the greatest player of all time and fully fit is too much of a pussy to turn up and give Nadal a game. I think that says enough. :p

Supposedly giving the clay season a miss it to help prolong his career but when it looked like Nadal's career was over a few years ago.... imagine if Rafa actually retired. Do you really think Roger would be sat on his arse right now? I don't....

Last edited:
Permabanned
They will play later this season, either on grass or on the hard courts.

Djokovic at his prime was better than Federer and Nadal at their best. For me, Djokovic is the most finished player for any play surface.

Permabanned
I watched earlier today Game, Set and Match on Eurosport 1. And I am really surprised by their hating towards Maria Sharapova. Just before her match later today.
They said she was a criminal and bitch. I think she must sue them. WTH and why this discrimination towards Slavic players - Serbs and Russians?!

Thanks God, it is a walk over now and she moves to the next round.

Man of Honour
I watched earlier today Game, Set and Match on Eurosport 1. And I am really surprised by their hating towards Maria Sharapova. Just before her match later today.
They said she was a criminal and bitch. I think she must sue them. WTH and why this discrimination towards Slavic players - Serbs and Russians?!

Thanks God, it is a walk over now and she moves to the next round.

I didn't hear or see that particular show and there's no need for the name calling if that's verbatim what was said - are you sure it's prejudice against Slavic players though rather than prejudice against someone who was caught taking a drug that was added to the banned list and regardless of that seems to have had no legitimate need for a heart medication?

For what it's worth I don't think the punishment was sufficient for the offence and there is still some debate around how long the advantages of taking drugs will benefit an individual for, however she served the punishment that the relevant authorities deemed suitable so my objection has to be mainly with those authorities rather than her.

Permabanned
I don't think it was quite Lance Armstrong levels of cheating from her... Didn't her team just fail to notice something she had been historically taking had become banned?

Permabanned
She is a nice, beautiful lady :D
She doesn't deserve anyone outside of very specific authority groups to judge her and use this low language, especially on TV - this is ugly, aggressive and in no way professional.

Most probably it is a global policy of the Russian Federation's coaches with some of their athletes - remember also the Winter Olympic games?!

Caporegime
I don't think it was quite Lance Armstrong levels of cheating from her... Didn't her team just fail to notice something she had been historically taking had become banned?
Yep. The drug she took was banned at the start of 2016 and it was in her system a few weeks later when she was tested. Nothing wrong with that and could've easily been a mistake, but... she had been taking it for 10 years to treat a heart condition she may or may not have had a very long time ago, the drug isn't available in America where she lives and there are far better drugs available to treat such conditions. Add the fact a number of Eastern European athletes also seem to have had exactly the same heart condition until it was banned, then no longer needed drugs, it sounds very much like a drug that was abused to give the athletes an edge over their rivals.

Caporegime
Yes I admit it is a bit suspicious in the same way all top your cyclists seem to have asthma.
It's the default excuse isn't it? :D

Edit: As far as the tournament goes, Nadal came as close to being knocked out this afternoon as he has for years. Got broken in the first game of the first set before staging a comeback and battering his opponent who actually played extremely well.

Back
Top Bottom