Frenchman kills three of his Somali captors and escapes!

Caporegime
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8221781.stm

A French security adviser seized by Islamist militants in Somalia has escaped his captors, officials say.

The Frenchman, who was kidnapped from a hotel in Mogadishu along with a colleague last month, reportedly killed three militants as he made his escape.

Nothing is known of the fate of the second hostage, who may have been held by a different rebel faction

Well played sir! I particularly like this bit:

A spokesman for the interim government, Abdulkadir Hussein Wehliye, said the man who escaped was in the presidential palace and "in a good mood".

I bet he was, understatement of the year perhaps?

Transmission breaker
Don
I would imagine that it will be argued, and agreed that his life was in danger, and killing them was his only way to escape.
I very much doubt he will face any punishment.

Anyway, nice to hear of someone getting away safely from captivity.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Couldn't possibly be a frenchman... ;)

You'd be surprised how elite the French special forces/security services are - sure maybe not on par with the SAS (who really knows?) but bloody tough *******s I can personally guarantee :)

Always good to read these sort of stories - makes things like Bourne or Bond seem more believable.

Associate
Will he be held accountable for the murder?

It depends what you mean 'held accountable.' I have no doubt that the former hostage accepts responsibility for his actions. However, defining said actions as murder means accepting that the man's killing of his captors was 'unlawful' (definition of the word 'murder'!)

I think he will be held accountable for his actions, but that the killings will not be considered unlawful seeing as his life was in danger and his actions are in accordance with reasonable self-defence.

Soldato
Why should you even have to ask if he will be done for murder. Those people were scum and got everything they deserved. Unless you wanted the outcome to be the usual execution shown on al jazera.

Well done that frenchman, pity he didnt bag a few more of them.

Back
Top Bottom