Fresh Veg and Salad Shortages...

Permabanned
So we all rush out and buy, you guessed it, TOILET ROLLS!

Methinks the public are out of touch with reality. Heaven help us if we have a real panic.

Soldato
Panic buying doesn't seem to have gripped the UK yet, but then again, during lockdown 1, I thought the same, then a week later the south was in tatters, than 5 days later, the north.

Soldato
I've not been sleeping well so went to the supermarket at 4:15am today.

Loads of fresh veg so got what little I needed. Sorted. No panic for me this week :)

Anyways, given past form with blocking ports, should reliance on transit via France not have been cut down years ago? Apparently now we're the untrustworthy ones because France shut down the border: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55411347 - GG BBC running with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Imagine what it would be like if we ever found ourselves with a real pandemic like airborne widespread ebola with a small survival chance tearing through kids and adults.

Associate
I do wonder if people will stock pile less or not at all due to the last "situation" wasn't long ago, and everyone found out there was never an issue in the first place.

Soldato
We popped into Sainsbury's today to get the last of our Christmas stuff as well as our usual weekly shop. Plenty of stock in everything, aside from it being a bit busy, it was business as usual.

Our toilet paper is an Amazon subscription, 45 rolls every 3 months. Fortunately, we still have plenty.

Back
Top Bottom