Fridge alarm to stop us leaving the door open?

Associate
Hi

We've just bought a new house and the fridge door often stops just short of closing unless you remember to close it all the way.

Can anyone recommend an alarm that goes off when the door is left open beyond a certain amount of time (e.g. 30 seconds)

Thanks

Soldato
Ours has an alarm on and it's annoying more than helpful, trying to load it up after shopping and it's going off every 30 seconds, I know the door is open I'm still trying to put stuff in you stupid thing.

Caporegime
Hi

We've just bought a new house and the fridge door often stops just short of closing unless you remember to close it all the way.

Can anyone recommend an alarm that goes off when the door is left open beyond a certain amount of time (e.g. 30 seconds)

Thanks

fridges have those built in you don't retrofit them.

why can't you just shut the door?

Soldato
fridges have those built in you don't retrofit them.

why can't you just shut the door?

I have a fridge, a fridge freezer and a freezer in my house all less than 5 years old and none of them have an alarm built in. So no fridges don’t have them built in some do some don’t!

The freezer door on our fridge freezer has a habit of bouncing back open if you swing it closed rather than pushing it it is really annoying, a bit like your posting style.

Soldato
My fridge freezer has one an alarm when the fridge door has been open for longer than a minute and it has saved my bacon a couple of times. The freezer door on the other hand, I've left ajar by accident once or maybe twice and it isn't alarmed.... :(

Caporegime
I have a fridge, a fridge freezer and a freezer in my house all less than 5 years old and none of them have an alarm built in. So no fridges don’t have them built in some do some don’t!

The freezer door on our fridge freezer has a habit of bouncing back open if you swing it closed rather than pushing it it is really annoying, a bit like your posting style.

I take it you bought a really cheap one?

Buy cheap buy twice

Soldato
( another angle here - would be good to have something that checks the fridge temperature accurately , and , also tells you if the door is open ?
previous thread about things freezing in the fridge. )

The freezer door on our fridge freezer has a habit of bouncing back open if you swing it closed
yes agree .. . or, you put new stuff in and it slightly overhangs causing door to not fully close;
with the built in unit , I have now, you have the addtional camouflaged door being closed too.

Back
Top Bottom