From 2013 to 17 (More advise needed)

Associate
Hello all, just a little over 3 years ago I picked a few of your brains for wanting a whole new system. Now I am back and wanting the exact same. :) I even accomplished the knowledge to OC as a member on this forum took their time to explain step by step to me, as I was a complete novice. *two thumbs up*

I have a monitor and a mouse, so that will not be necessary. What I have at this moment of time, is the following below:

3GB EVGA GTX 780, 28nm, PCIe 3.0
Intel Core i5 4670K, S 1150, Haswell. OC to 4.2ghz
256GB Samsung 840 Pro
3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda 7
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H, Intel Z87, S
750W XFX Pro Black Edition P1-750B
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator
Silverstone FT02B-W
My budget is £2200

Basically I would like to play games on ultimate and in 4k. Besides that I do browse on the Net quite a bit, and watch live streams. And that's about it. Since I will not be going towards the water cooling route I would like the most airflow efficient case, accompany with dust filters as I will be OC'ing to around 4.8ghz. Since the perfect Or best case does not exist, I would like to ask coming from your own experiences to what has been the most beneficial case/cases that you have used to this present day.

I was wondering, is there anything on the same line as the FT02B? for performance? It would be an added bonus if I could possibly gain the same amount of stock factory fans as the Silverstone FT02B has.

Also, would it be worth my while to wait on Coffee Lake to make it's mark?

Cheers.

Associate
If your system is working fine then it would be best to wait for October for Coffee Lake to release considering you want to spend £2200 and see whats best.

Associate
OP
Oh yeah the CoolerMaster H500P could be the one. That's one good looking case, right there. And yes I can hold out til' October for the Coffee to arrive. My current setup, she has been pushed to it's limit and is still pretty much purring, and apart from less than a hand full of software related issues, she has served me justice.

Associate
OP
I'm looking forward to seeing the Benchmarks from the new kid on the block. (Coffee Lake) Until' then I have been devouring reviews on Youtube regarding the GTX 1080Ti is definitely on my to get list. The question is, which brand do I get?

Associate
Thats all you really need, coffee lake will be marginally better, they will have a desktop 6 core , but intel never rocks the boat. the best they ever did was the Core2duo in that respect. If you want to spend that cash get a case from Lian-li , maybe a standing desk type case.

Back
Top Bottom