Front audio panel not recognised by Winodws

Associate
Hopefully someone can help me as this is driving me nuts. I have an Asus STRIX B350-F mobo + NZXT 340 Elite.

Sound drivers are installed, rear panel works just fine. I also have my Blue Yeti plugged in via USB and it even recognises that as an audio source with it's 3.5mm headphone jack.

Would be super nice if I could change between headset and headphones without having to switch jacks :(.

Any ideas?

Soldato
when you plug the headphone in the front panel you get no sound? did you go into realtek Audio manager and enable "Front Panel Jack Detection" in connector settings?

Associate
OP
when you plug the headphone in the front panel you get no sound? did you go into realtek Audio manager and enable "Front Panel Jack Detection" in connector settings?

No sound, doesn't even notify me of device plugged in. I don't seem to have the Audio Manager, guess that does not come with the MOBO drivers, will see if installing Realtek drivers from website come with it.

Soldato
Something is definitely wrong somewhere. I do with mine and I have a pretty basic Ivybridge motherboard. I am on 7 though, not 10.

I'd really only expect there to be no control panel on something with basic stereo, such as my old Lenovo laptop.

Just had a quick look at another site where someone had the same lack of control panel. Reinstalling drivers did not help; then he deleted the Realtek folders before installing the drivers, which did the trick. Worth trying.

Associate
I had an a similar issue with my old system, in the realtec software change the audio type from HD audio, can't remember the exact setting as don't have it anymore, but it was basically it had to be other than the HD audio.

Soldato
I had an a similar issue with my old system, in the realtec software change the audio type from HD audio, can't remember the exact setting as don't have it anymore, but it was basically it had to be other than the HD audio.
It's been long time since motherboards didn't have HD Audio header instead of AC97 for front audio connectors
https://superuser.com/questions/419...or-which-to-use-when-and-whats-the-difference
Used connector and integrated sound card's BIOS setting should be matched.
(at least there used to be BIOS setting for correct header pinout)

Soldato

Doesn't explain why there is no realtek control panel though. That should be available regardless of whether the front case audio header is connected or not.

Without that, I can't see how Realtek can detect and switch between front and rear connections.

As esat has said; prior to HD audio header, there was AC97. That's very old now and no one will have that unless they have a very old early 2000s or before motherboard.

I would be surprised if any recent motherboard has an option in bios to switch between HD audio and AC97. I would expect that there hasn't for a number of years now. My Ivybridge board from around 6 years ago doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom