Front Garden

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have had a lot work done to the front of the garden, new walls, new driveway and whats left of the lawn \ garden is a complete mess. I have decided to dig it over and turf it and start from scratch again.

A few pics

This is the start, I knew we were about to start digging so I left it go a bit!
fKRrcKEl.jpg
Dad bought a JCB and we used his Fordson with a trailer which he bought for the job. The JCB was leaking fuel and when we ran out we had to bleed the fuel line! If you loaded the Trailer too much the steering was too light and nigh on useless so I ended up using the break to steer.
mxOz6BXl.jpg
Look Big Hole!
v72gKzbl.jpg
This is when my daughter suggested we get a swimming pool instead!
omDzo9al.jpg
We have a wall:)
huBAXwul.jpg
Finally we can park the cars on the drive, we started this in September the digging out took about a week but we were interrupted by planning who said we should have applied for planning permission so that put the job on hold for 6 weeks. We had trouble getting a builder to do the work, we were promised a January start but he did not turn up until late February. He took 3 months to complete the drive as he rarely turned up.
5xXs8vml.jpg
Finally done but I have to start on the garden:( It's going to rotavated and turfed again.
JuRetMWl.jpg

I am very pleased with the driveway, in the end the builder did a good job. I had a lot of help from my dad who expertly drove the JCB except for the bit we had to replace a neighbors fence panel and bend back the road sign a few times:)

We decided to dig the drive out ourselves as were getting quotes of about £5000 to do it. In the end it cost us out time, we used dads Fordson and Trailer and he bought a JCB which he used for my house and to dig the foundations for my sisters house. We carted the soil etc to farmers field where we filled a hole in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom