Front mounted radiator on tempered glass case

Associate
Hello,
I just reacently finished mounting the last basic parts of my new PC with a custom watercooling loop covering only my CPU, and I have a couple of doubts.

My case is the DeepCool Matrexx V3 and it has a tempered glass front, nice for looks, altough, not so good for cooling in general.
Mostly for the looks also, I mounted the 240mm radiator on the front of the case, with 2 DeepCool CF120 fans pushing air and 2 AeroCool Eclipse fans pulling air. I did the push-pull because I thought that I could compensate the restricction of the glass with this, but altough there is definately some air coming out of the radiator, Its not a lot. The radiator itself is quite thin, but honestly the aerocool fans are like 10€ and 32CFM, the DeepCool are decent though, with 56 CFM and 1,6mmH2O.

Given my case, the radiator and the fans, Will it be enough to cool my Ryzen 3700X? I only plan to OC it to 4.2 and that is not a must.
(I can’t test ir myself because the loop itself is not finished, i have the stock cooler and im just cheking airflow with the radiator)

In the case that it’s not enough, Would replacing the 3 exhaust fans (The same Aerocools) and the pulling fans on the radiator help?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Soldato
if the radiator is up against a solid front with a small gap around it your temps will be difficult to predict but won't be great. these sorts of solid front cases are a bane. I had one - Define S - and ended up having to cut out the entire front and mesh it. Can you squeeze the radiator into the top and then have the rear fan as an inlet as well?

Back
Top Bottom