Fronts discs & pads - Any recommendations?

Soldato
As title, I'm not after the ultimate breaking performance as we have a Ford Mondeo estate (1999) :p . Wondering if anyone could recommend a setup that gives half decent performance & wear rate?

Last time i think that i bought Pagid discs (non grooved or drilled) & they didn't give very good braking performance or feel.

We travel 50 miles daily to work & back on normal roads with very little motorway mileage a year.

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
If you're not going to get much heat into the pads through fast road driving etc, I'm not suprised that the Pagid didn't 'feel' nice. They won't bite on initial braking unless warm leading to a slightly unsettling pedal feel.

Just go with a set of standard OE discs and pads, perhaps spend a little more on a good branded product such as Brembo (who probably make the OE discs anyway). :)

Soldato
OP
Generally (due to traffic congestion) i tend to break as relaxed as possible on my 50 mile round daily trip, but i do break pretty damn heavily at times (i'm only 33 ;) ). The Pagid's have never given good performance no matter how much heat you get into the pads. Maybe it was dues to the pads (I can't recall what brand they were).

I was so unimpressed by the last disc/pad combo & the reason this thread was started.

EDIT: Going to try EBC discs & pads. Please close.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom